• Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 1,871

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Narendra Modi government set to rename Indira Gandhi Airport, others

According to sources, the government is yet to make any official release in the matter and the decision is being taken in the light of the inconvenience that is caused to the passengers and foreign tourists who are not familiar with the Indian personalities.

Major Indian airports have been named after personalities, like the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport for Mumbai, Indira Gandhi International Airport for Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport in and the Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru.

The naming of airports is a tricky issue which can be easily be understood by the case of the Chandigarh International airport in which both which both Punjab and Haryana government own 24.5 per cent and the rest is under the state-owned Airports Authority of India. Both governments proposed different names in 2009 while Punjab government proposed ‘Shaheed-e-Azam Sardar Bhagat Singh International Airport, Mohali’, on the other hand the Haryana assembly, in 2009, passed a resolution that the new international airport be named Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport, Chandigarh.

Narendra Modi government set to rename Indira Gandhi Airport, others - The Financial Express

shawl_who said:
:hehe, BJP is trying to uproot congress anywhich ways they want !!

Thik bhi hai, roads/airports etc shud not be in d name of politicians.... :no
They shud always be in d name of freedom fighters.

+10000000000^

All airports should have the name of that place instead of people. If more than one airport in a city then named it with city name followed by number I, II, III etc 

Our CM has created a mess when she was rail minister by naming all metro stations name with from film star to poet to freedomfighter.  :dodgy

I want airplane get to fly and got to landing safely in each and every airport in India make sure in that what ever the name is not a matter :) ..

don't ever think to change Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport to Kolkata airport ...

I don't like this decision:(
Old is gold & it was history , no needed to change :no

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock