Munde to attend BJP''s meet in Delhi tomorrow

Reaction score
Mumbai, Jun 17 (PTI) Sulking BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said he has decided to attend a meeting convened in Delhi to discuss his fate but indicated that he had no plans to join ally Shiv Sena and split the saffron alliance.

Ever since Munde supporter Yogesh Gogawale was sidelined for the post of Pune BJP president and Gadkari loyalist Vikas Mathkari was named instead, the OBC leader has been sulking, leading to speculation that he may be on the verge of leaving the party which he, with late brother-in-law Pramod Mahajan, helped grow in Maharashtra.

"Opposition leader in the Assembly Eknath Khadse met me yesterday and invited me for tomorrow''s BJP meeting in Delhi. I have accepted the invitation. Senior leader Venkaiah Naidu also called me and directed me to attend the meeting," Munde told reporters here.

"I will decide my future political course after tomorrow''s meeting. I will seek some time to decide on what they (BJP leaders) have to say. Whatever I have to say, I will say in the party platform," he said.

"Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray met me twice. In the four-hour discussions, Uddhav Thackeray never invited me to join Sena nor did I express such a desire," Munde said.

Asked if the option of going to another party was open, Munde said "what options I have or I don''t have, that I will say only after speaking with party leadership."

"For last 17-18 days, I was listening to feelings and sentiments pains of workers. So far, I have not spoken in public why I boycotted rallies," he said.

"I am pained. It is indicative of the pain suffered by thousands of workers," Munde said, in an apparent reference to why he has been sulking for the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock