Mukesh Ambani may face mere Rs 500 fine for using PM Modi's image in Reliance Jio ad

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Jio may end up paying a penalty of just up to Rs 500 for using Prime Minister Narendra Modi 's photograph in print and electronic advertisements without permission. The law governing prevention of improper use of emblems and names of 1950 provides for this rather insignificant penalty for violating norms.

On Thursday, minister of state for information and broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore had said in a written reply that "no permission was granted by prime minister's office" for using Modi's photographs in the advertisements.

Reliance Jio did not comment on the development.

In response to a question from Samajwadi Party MP Neeraj Shekhar, Rathore had admitted that the government was aware that Reliance Jio used the PM's photographs in the advertisement.

The opposition had raised serious questions about how the PM's photograph can be used by a private industry major to advertise its products. They had also questioned the PM's photographs featuring in advertisements issued by e-wallet 'Paytm' after Modi announced the demonetisation of old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes.

Shekhar had sought to know whether there is any law that permits PM from becoming a brand ambassador of a private company and whether PMO has taken any step against the company, if norms have been violated. Responding to the question Rathore said, The Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act is administered by the ministry of consumer affairs, food and public distribution.

Ministry officials said they had received no complaints regarding such misuse. "We will take necessary steps since there is a violation of the law," an official said.

According to section-3 of the Act, no person shall use any "specified" name or emblem for the purpose of any trade, business or any such activities without the "previous permission of the central government" or officers authorised by the government.

The list of nearly three dozens names and emblems that cannot be used without prior permission of government includes President of India, Prime Minister, governor of a state, Government of India or any state, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru ,
United Nations Organisation, Ashok Chakra or Dharma Chakra.

Reliance Jio: Billionaire Mukesh Ambani may face mere Rs 500 fine for using PM Modi's image in Reliance Jio ad - ET Telecom

This is type activities only modi ji lost his ground in middle & poor class people trust :s:s:nj:nj .. Fine should be atleast 5K Crore minimum :nj ..

In the view of law every person is same. So if you Impose 5k crore fine on Ambani for using pm photo, the same 5k crore should be imposed on freedom251 and paytm and Bandhan Bank as well. How can you Impose fine on someone and leave someone

Sarkar said:
In the view of law every person is same. So if you Impose 5k crore fine on Ambani for using pm photo, the same 5k crore should be imposed on freedom251 and paytm and Bandhan Bank as well. How can you Impose fine on someone and leave someone

yeah surely law is equal to all .. Should be impose them too but not 500rs. :no:lol:s:nj ..

Sai Laxman said:
yeah surely law is equal to all .. Should be impose them too but not 500rs. :no:lol:s:nj ..

Bro, In India, Weak Law is the main problem for many things.
Did u heard about a medical guy who threw a dog from his terrace? He was fined just Rs.50, which is insane.
Our law needs to get refreshed. So, no point here of involving PM Modi in this brother..
I hope u get my point.

Our MPs are busy in useless shouting in Parliament. So no time in amending law which fixed this upper cap to ₹500 [emoji1]

Sarkar said:
Our MPs are busy in useless shouting in Parliament. So no time in amending law which fixed this upper cap to ₹500 [emoji1]
They not shouting bro...they are just replying opposition that are shouting without any break just like a hungry dog [emoji14]

rtz2042 said:
Bro, In India, Weak Law is the main problem for many things.
Did u heard about a medical guy who threw a dog from his terrace? He was fined just Rs.50, which is insane.
Our law needs to get refreshed.
yeah i know that bro .. I was the judge in that case means my verdict will differ & powerfull ..
rtz2042 said:
So, no point here of involving PM Modi in this brother..
I hope u get my point.

Shocked didnt expect from u bro .. Modi is a pm bro not a mp or mla .. He has maximum power in our country infact for this he must frame defamation case against jio coz w/o permission they used modi image for their wealth .. Abt ur point , modi thought this laws should be strengthen and tighten means he can able do that like he doing revolution in Tax dept. Will u deny this bro :huh .. Atlast bro my policy always right means right , wrong means wrong who ever it may be :) ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock