• Thread starter Thread starter Basil
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 679

Basil

Contributor
Reaction score
MS Dhoni becomes first captain to be involved in 4 ties in ODIs

MS-Dhoni-of-India-reacts-after-he-is-dsimissed-by-Tim-Southee-of-New-Zealand-during-the.jpg
MS Dhoni is dejected after getting out for 50 in the third ODI against New Zealand © Getty Images​

Jan 25, 2014

MS Dhoni has become the first captain to be involved in four One-Day Internationals (ODIs) ties. This feat was achieved as India tied the third ODI against New Zealand in Auckland on January 25, 2014.

New Zealand posted a total of 314 in their 50 overs on Saturday. Martin Guptill top-scored with 111 and Kane Williamson scored 65.

India needed 18 runs of the last over but Ravindra Jadeja’s heroics fell short as the match ended in a tie. He finished unbeaten on 66 off 45 deliveries with five fours and four sixes.

Ravichandran Ashwin scored 65 and captain Dhoni scored 50. The result has left New Zealand leading the five-match series 2-0 with two matches to spare.

Dhoni’s first tied ODI was in the ICC World Cup 2011 against England in Bangalore. His second was also against England, but this time it was at Lord’s on September 11, 2011.

His third tie came against Sri Lanka in Adelaide on February 2012. West Indies’ Richie Richardson, Australia’s Steve Waugh and South Africa’s Shaun Pollock were involved in three ties each.

What !! India managed to tie the match. :skd :skd :skd

I switched off the tv, when Dhoni got out, really gr8 work by ashwin n jadeja :win

Re: RE: MS Dhoni becomes first captain to be involved in 4 ties in ODIs

shawl_who said:
What !! India managed to tie the match. :skd :skd :skd

I switched off the tv, when Dhoni got out, really gr8 work by ashwin n jadeja :win

Read all my posts in indias tour os nz thread ...there is some mssg from myside for u n all those who missed the match

Back
Top Bottom