• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 1,028
Status
Not open for further replies.

venky

Reaction score
Hi all,

I Ported my number from BSNL to Airtel and now MNP messed up my number. Got confirmation from Airtel saying new sim is ready and I completed tele verification. The did an outgoing to my alternate number to ensure sim is active. Then comes the pain, as I had put my old simcard in an old phone after submitting the porting. I got bunch of SMS to my old BSNL sim from Airtel welcoming me on board.
Now I can call from both sim, number is same. Incoming calls/sms are still routed to BSNL. 🙄
Both sims are showing network. Anybody recently tried MNP please advice

Update: Now the calls are routed to Airtel sim. Still, BSNL (old sim) is active and I can make calls. Literally my number 9XXXXXXXXX is live with BSNL and Airtel. I can make calls from BSNL and receiving end will show the same 9XXXXXXXXX and anybody calls to 9XXXXXXXXX will be coming to Airtel.

Understand there can be a delay in routing (even though un-acceptable), but a single number staying live on two networks is insane. Imagining if I have dumped that sim and someone tried using it would be.......

Can we close the thread then?

Sure. I was expecting something go wrong, so wanted to get suggestions from experts. We can close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock