• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 2,266

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score

Micromax has launched X259, their first phone which enables the users to charge their phone using solar energy. It has solar cell at the back that lets the phone automatically gets charged through solar power on exposure to sunlight. It has 2.4-inch QVGA display and has VGA camera at the back.

Micromax X259 Solar Phone specifications:

• 2.4-inch (240 x 320 pixels) display
    Dual SIM with Dual Standby
    Solar Panel
    0.3MP (VGA) camera
    Bluetooth, GPRS
    Expandable Memory Upto 4 GB
    FM Radio
    1000mAh battery
    The Micromax X259 is priced at Rs. 2499 and is available across all leading retail outlets across India.

Micromax launches X259 solar phone for Rs. 2,499

micromax-x259.jpg

The Indian manufacturer Micromax has announced the launch of X259 handset, which comes with a built-in solar panel. Priced at Rs. 2,499, it is the first solar phone from the company.
The built-in solar panel allows the phone to get automatically charged when exposed to sunlight. It is targeted to rural consumers, who constantly grapple with power cuts over long durations. According to the company, three hours of solar charge provides 1.5 hours of talk time on the phone.

Micromax X259 also features a 2.4-inch QVGA screen with a resolution of 240x320p, 1000mAh Li-ion battery and dual-SIM dual-standby feature. The handset also supports Bluetooth connectivity.

"We have been at the forefront of innovation. We have introduced many categories into this competitive Industry be it long battery life phones or dual SIM phones. With the introduction of this our intent is to get rid of the mobile phone charger by including a solar panel on the device itself," stated Rahul Sharma, co-founder, Micromax.

Micromax X259 key specs

2.4-inch display with 240x320p resolution
VGA camera
GPRS
Bluetooth
Mi-Zone/Mi-Store
1000 mAh battery
Dual-SIM support

Source

RE: Micromax launches X259 solar phone for Rs. 2,499

Oops didn't notice that.

RE: Micromax launches X259 solar phone for Rs. 2,499

Very Nice Also No Tension About Low Battery In Day Time....

interesting...dual sim+solar.

samsung was the first to kaunch solar phone in India i guess !

Yeah iS THAT ME, Samsung had launched the first solar phone in India. That one of my uncle had brought it and i too used that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock