Michael Schumacher: I will race on

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,305

BaLaG

Reaction score
Michael Schumacher is adamant he will remain with Mercedes GP next season despite rumours claiming he is ready to retire again.

A report in Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport suggested the German was considering his future in Formula One.

His manager Sabine Kehm was quick to deny the reports, saying: "Michael has not spoken with anyone from the Corriere dello Sport."

Now the seven-time world champion has also insisted he will be racing for Mercedes GP in 2012.

"I'll certainly be racing next year, that is definite," the 42-year-old said. "We will then have to see how things develop and how much energy and fun is still there.

"It would be presumptuous if one expects us to fight for the title next year, at the moment we are too far behind."

Schumacher has yet to finish on the podium since his comeback last year and is currently 10th in this season's drivers' standings, a massive 202 points behind leader Sebastian Vettel.

more...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock