Mi Basic 2

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
soundbox2-03-770x435.jpg

Chinese firm Xiaomi has launched its latest wireless Bluetooth speakers Basic 2 in India. The speakers have been launched in India as part of the ‘Diwali with Mi’ sales campaign by the company.

The speakers which cost Rs 2,699, will be available at Rs 1,799 according to the company website. Having a sleek design, the lightweight speaker weighs just 237 grams. The speaker is portable and can be easily carried around by hand or in a bag as it measures just 154.5mm by 60mm.

Xiaomi launches Basic 2 wireless speakers priced at Rs 1,799

Received it today with MI Diwali special packaging :).

Box pack:- It comes with a nice box package with slide-in option. Can be re-used and keep the speaker safe when not in use. Very impressed with this. I previously had an amazonbasics speaker and its box was of very low quality.

Fzz9lqr.jpg

Dr2VS4n.jpg

Specification sheet:-

d87n7OT.jpg

Speaker Design:- Mi Bluetooth Speaker Basic 2 has a metal frame on all sides and plastic (poly carbon?? I don't know) back. It looks very sturdy and feels premium when held in hand. It has power and volume rockers at top. It sits comfortably over any flat surface thanks to rubber strips proivded at the bottom for firm grip. Micro USB Charging port and Aux input port and at the back.

W83bbpR.jpg

KPNMVbB.jpg

AMp7P02.jpg

vkDa0EE.jpg

rdOVmce.jpg

How to pair and use:-

1) Long press the power button till you hear a beep. This is when the LED indicator keeps flashing blue and red alternatively which denotes that it is in pairing mode
2) Switch on bluetooth in your mobile device and search for available devices to pair and tap on the MI Bluetooth device
3) Once paired, it will again beep and LED indicator turns blue. Enjoy!!!

Volume Button Functions and LED Indicator Description:-

wzAbOaJ.jpg

My personal Experience:- I must say that I am impressed with the quality of the speaker both in terms of its sound quality and physical build... Sound is awesome and can be set at a very high volume, perfectly suitable for parties, small gatherings. I usually feel like when 10-12 people gather around to watch a movie or something, the thing which annoys me the most is sound. TVs are not capable of producing the high octane volumes for local screenings etc... My personal use case would be to use it for songs during parties, functions like kite tournament during sankranti etc.. In addition to this, I would definitely use it while watching a movie with family and friends... I have already ordered an aux 3.5mm jack cable to be able to connect it to my Dish TV whenever required.... I have also tested it with Mi Android TV Box and it works wonders. Only drawback is that the sound to TV from MI Box is not cutting off even though the bluetooth speaker is connected to it. But I guess that would be an issue at MI Box side. Anyways, I have kept TV on mute and used it for a while. Working great even on JIO TV app :)

Pros:-

1) Great build quality and sound
2) Easy to carry
3) Bluetooth 4.2 (Low Energy)

Cons:-

1) Vibrates when sound is at maximum volume (Not recommended to try)
2) Lack of Aux cable or charging cable in the box
3) No color options. Only White available for sale

Will update the review when I get a chance to explore it further. Would also keep an eye on battery backup for a few recharge cycle and let you guys know.

Thanks for reading. Let me know if there are any questions.

Wow, looks great. :love:

Only drawback is that the sound to TV from MI Box is not cutting off even though the bluetooth speaker is connected to it. But I guess that would be an issue at MI Box side. Anyways, I have kept TV on mute and used it for a while
I have disabled TV volume :wink:

Disabled from MI box side?? How to do that?
No, i have disabled TV volume and attached wired speakers to TV.
Yes, in my TV even if volume is disabled, sound comes through the audio ports (RCA).
:wink:
I don't have MI box, have Fire stick

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock