Major League Cricket T20 | 2023

• Thread starter Rd22
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 10,154

Rd22

Reaction score
It's been years in the making, delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic while weathering constant tumult from the sport’s national governing body, but the much-anticipated first professional American T20 cricket league is finally about to become reality.
There is a lot of intrigue over which players will be lured with remuneration expected to be in the realm of similar start ups in the UAE and South Africa. MLC had secured more than $40 million in funding and over $100 million in “handshakes” with private investors including tech giants Microsoft.

“We want to be competitive and on par with what the standard is for new leagues,” MLC co-founder Vijay Srinivasan told me late last year. “Our goal is to bring the best players to the USA.

Source

“It was a tough call to leave India and Mumbai. I had represented Mumbai in 12 first-class games, but there were hardly any opportunities for me in the Mumbai team. I then played three Ranji games for Goa in the 2021-22 season. Yes, it was a risk [to shift to the USA], but I knew I would get good opportunities here, so I took that risk.

“Cricket is growing here. The cricket season is of 10 months in which players get a lot of opportunities to play in different competitive leagues. I came here only six months ago, but I got many games to play—with and against top international players—like Martin Guptill, Sunil Narine, Shai Hope, Fawad Alam and others.

Cricket NSW will push for some of its players to turn out in the USA, after signing a deal with Major League Cricket and linking with a club in Washington D.C.

Source
So after ipl franchise now australia domestic teams also wants to expand their reach

8LnREvS.png

Source
Source

The sports cities of Boston, Miami and Chicago should have teams pity one of them will miss out

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock