Mahindra electric car 'e2o' to come for Rs 5.9 lakh in Delhi

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Mahindra-Reva-e2o-cars-during-their-launch-at-India-Gate-in-New-De--.jpg

Electric cars may have failed to do much globally, but Mahindra & Mahindra believes otherwise. Nearly three years after acquiring a majority stake in fledgling electric carmaker Reva, the Indian utility vehicle and SUV major drove in the e2O electric car on Monday, the vehicle promising a running cost of 0.50 paise per km, nearly one tenth of a petrol car and about a fifth of a diesel car.

The vehicle, which uses a lithium ion battery and promises a run of 100 kms on a single charge, has been priced at an aggressive Rs 5.96 lakh (on-road), which perhaps makes it the world's cheapest electric car. Electric cars selling in the West -- which have failed to cut much ice in the market -- are priced much higher like the Nissan Leaf (33,000 Euro or approximately Rs 23 lakh), Mitsubishi i-MiEV (Rs 25 lakh) and Renault Zoe (Rs 17 lakh).

Anand Mahindra, chairman of the Mahindra group, said that the e2O marks a generational change in the Indian car industry. "It also advances the Mahindra group's efforts at redefining sustainable urbanisation with the creation of an eco system that includes mobility solutions along with other environment-friendly innovations."

The e20 has a maximum speed of 81 kms per hour and requires an electricity charge for five hours for a full run. The plastic body panels on the vehicle are resistant to dent and scratches and the car be charged from any 15amp power socket.

Mahindra electric car 'e2o' to come for Rs 5.9 lakh in Delhi - The Times of India

How is it compared to BMW i3 Concept Coupe ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock