Magpies interested in Charlton's Elliot

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 989

BaLaG

Reaction score
Newcastle have made an enquiry about Charlton goalkeeper Rob Elliot.

The Magpies have been left short on options between the sticks after agreeing to let Fraser Forster take in a second season-long loan spell at Celtic.

Elliott, 25, will be out of contract at The Valley next summer and has yet to agree terms on a new deal.

"I'm led to believe there has been a little bit of interest from Newcastle," confirmed Addicks manager Chris Powell.

"Obviously we are dealing with that situation and whether they follow that up with anything concrete."

When asked if he expected Elliot to be involved against Scunthorpe on Saturday, Powell added: "I hope so. Until something concrete happens I'm preparing for him to play.

"I haven't spoken to him about it. There's no need. There's been a phone call but there's nothing to say he has to go up and have a medical and speak to them. It's at a very embryonic stage right now."

Magpies boss Alan Pardew admits Newcastle are in the market for a keeper.

Pardew feels he needs to cover that loss before the transfer window closes and has confirmed that he is tracking a number of options.

He said: "Fraser is going to Celtic on loan for the year. That leaves us with an issue that we need a goalkeeper.

"We are looking at options and possibly we could bring one in."

more..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock