• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,181

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Mumbai, May 25 : Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will have the edge over last year's runners-up Mumbai Indians (MI) when they face each other in the eliminator match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) here Wednesday for a place in Saturday's grand finale.

The team that loses will be knocked out and Knight Riders batsmen Manoj Tiwary feel the visitors have the psychological advantage
against Mumbai Indians.

"We controlled proceedings during the thrilling finish at Eden Gardens on Sunday, and it was the last ball that made the difference. But
playing in front of home crowd, Mumbai will feel the pressure," he said.

Tiwary said that Knight Riders have the psychological advantage going into the game since they controlled the game on Sunday despite losing the match.

"Sure, they got over the line, but James Franklin got lucky because two yorkers in the last over hit the toe of his bat and flew to the fine-leg boundary. Those things happen in cricket, Mumbai know that we should have won the game. This is the perfect rematch the stakes are a lot higher and we are desperate to win," he said.

Tiwary, who has 355 runs from 13 innings this season, will be vital cog in Knight's batting. He feels skipper Gautam Gambhir and team owner Shah Rukh Khan have formed a strong partnership.

"The last ball loss to Mumbai shattered us. Our skipper and owner came to the dressing room and consoled us. The crowd was stunned...emotions were running high at Eden. It was important to cheer up since the rematch was in a few days. We want to win this IPL for them, especially for Shah Rukh, who has been incredibly supportive. There are positive vibes in the dressing room, and Gambhir is leading brilliantly.

"They made some gambles at the auction and they are paying off now. I enjoyed my time at Delhi, but playing for KKR has given me a new lease of life. I am enjoying my batting form and am confident of winning this IPL for KKR. That would hopefully draw me closer to a India recall," added Tiwary.

--IBNS

But they did not play well. Manoj Tiwary scored only 4, and the entire team 147 / 7. Only Ton Doeshcate scored 70. Now we have to wait for MI batting.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock