Breaking Kerala Speaker caught in 'expensive specs' row

Sai Jai

Reaction score
While the controversy over Kerala Health Minister K.K. Shailaja sporting spectacles worth Rs 28,000 has died down, Assembly Speaker P. Sreeramakrishnan has run into a similar row.

RTI documents reveal that Sreeramakrishnan has even more expensive spectacles -- priced at Rs 49,900, which includes Rs 45,000 for the glasses and Rs 4,900 for the frame.

The costs of the spectacles of both the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leaders have been reimbursed by the state government.

"I found it difficult to sit in the Assembly as I was unable to see properly and I had to often move my head to look from one side to the other," Sreeramakrishnan said on Saturday.

"I also had trouble climbing steps. So my doctor then advised me to get a better glass and I did that."

The controversy came to light after media reports showed Kerala legislators claiming medical reimbursements running into lakhs.

Now, Kerala Speaker caught in 'expensive specs' row

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock