Jio offer Jio Fiber service with upto 100mbps speed free for 3 months in Mumbai

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Reliance Jio Infocomm has reportedly started rolling out the Jio Fibre service or Fibre To The Home (FTTH ) service in Mumbai. An India Today report said that there are some buildings in Mumbai where people can subscribe to the service, following the finishing the cable installation for the Jio Fibre, which began in November last year.

Rushabh Vora, a resident in Rahul Building on Walkeshwar Roadthat building, Mumbai, told the publication that Jio has set up the Jio Fibre connectivity inside the building and that people are already using it. The service has also been rolled out in Nepeansea Road in Mumbai.

For the first three months the service is free for users that are getting somewhere between 70mbps to 100mbps.

The 4G entrant also has plans to roll out fiber to home wireline network in metro cities Pune, Delhi and Chennai.

Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani , while announcing the launch of 4G services last year, had said that fiber to home wireline service will push the power of data even further, and will offer data speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second. “This is on par with the most advanced wireline offerings anywhere in the world,” he had said.

Jio’s plan is to progressively extend this network to to top 100 cities in India. The 4G entrant will also extend this optical fiber network to enterprise locations and will provide multi-gigabit per second enterprise-grade wireline data connections to enterprises in these cities.

Jio is also partnering with some of the leading digital and Internet players in the world. “In many cases, we are working jointly to create first-of-its-kind solutions that are unique to the Indian market,” Ambani had said.

Jio, which announced its commercial tariff plans on September 1, is also banking with on Wi-Fi services for data offloading purposes. It will also set up a million Wi-Fi hotspots across India by mid 2017.

The telco has also added additional Wi-Fi data in its plans to allow users to use broadband data in colleges, schools and public places. Jio is also in the process of connecting the majority of India's schools and colleges with Wi-Fi to provide broadband wireless data access to students in their classrooms.

Vijay Jain, President and Business head –Fixed Line of Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio, recently quit from the position after a stint of around two years. At Jio, Jain was looking after the roll out of Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) that will complement the largest LTE rollout in India.

Jain was also involved in the rolling out of Wi-Fi networks for the telecom operator across the country. He equipped around 1200 colleges in the country with Jio Wi-Fi. He also helped connect a number of homes with Jio’s 1 Gigabyte per second wireline service in some cities on trial basis.

Reliance Jio: reliance jio offers jio fiber service with up to 100mbps speed free for 3 months in mumbai: report, Telecom News, ET Telecom

1 gb per second omg
Its now possible in india
1 year ago i was struggled to get speed of 30-40 kbps per second it was difficult to download 10-20 mb data but now jio offers 1 gb per second great work by amabni

Wow Mumbai people are in dreamland right now!! jio + railtel + govt. free wifi=almost unlimited high speed data!!!!

I am jealous I am feeling very jealous from Mumbaikars :(

hike said:
Bro free for 3 months

But for how many people ? May be 1000 or 2000 out of 130 crore in those high rise buildings. Google is doing much better work by providing Wifi in stations for Aam Admi  :luv

BTW Here we are interested in Speed and not in Free/paid debate bro  :s

Sarkar said:
But for how many people ? May be 1000 or 2000 out of 130 crore in those high rise buildings. Google is doing much better work by providing Wifi in stations for Aam Admi  :luv

BTW Here we are interested in Speed and not in Free/paid debate bro  :s
Yes I agree with you one that the Google is giving up free WiFi services in on most of the station in India recently I visited Kota and on that railway station it was given out very fast speed on railway station.
About jio it's giving a better speed in telecom sector so I am supposing that it will give fast speed in broadband Sector too.

Giving up gives different meaning bro. I was shocked to see Google giving up free WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock