Jio has blocked OnePlus Hub, 5G hotspot device on its network

• Thread starter Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 1,248
Not even JioFi users able to access internet

I was using jio 4g on my jiofi M2s device

On 22 july i inserted that sim on my newly purchased cmf phone 1 and opted jio true5g unlimited welcome offer

After that i inserted that sim in jiofi again just to use 4g speed net again on wifi

No ipv4 address anymore just ipv6 internet

And most websites not working as they are ipv4 only

But on cmf phone 1 same sim works well with ipv4 and ipv6 both
I faced nothing like that when I inserted my secondary Jio sim in JioFi to connect with Solar panel and re insert in my 4G smartphone.

When I turn on mobile hotspot and connect to laptop I'm not even getting signal to browse and even on mobile also I'm not able to browse anything. Looks like Jio is restricting users from usage of unlimited 5g through hotspot. I don't know whether others also facing this issue. Or it could be an issue with my mobile (Iqoo Z9)

I faced nothing like that when I inserted my secondary Jio sim in JioFi to connect with Solar panel and re insert in my 4G smartphone.
Me talking about 5g phone and after getting 5g unlimited data
It changes ipv4 isp as reliancejio
Also ip address starts getting starting with 153.x.x.x

Technically It changes something to count 5g unlimited data so it becomes unusable in jiofi

How they know about this?

mobile on using it as hotspot

@Esmail
Operators have ways to detect tethering of any sort not just WiFi, even if one tethers using USB cable or bluetooth they can distinguish between usage arising from the mobile and from 3rd party devices. Operators in USA and other developed countries have been charging extra for tethering since the days of 3G, if Indian operators decide to do this, their revenue will grow substantially, coz most ppl use mobile data through hotspot.

How they know about this?

mobile on using it as hotspot

@Esmail
they will detect from mac address that will be send to jio telecom, it also being useful for detecting your data usage by the jio app. You can also put jio sim with jio 4g dongle, it also available in market.
Why jio is doing thing, i think 4G cracked dongle is not a right choice to surf internet. A 3-4 years ago, i also tried to cracked with some tools available on internet on my airtel for using various 4G sims, it was cracked with 1-2 hours of cmd, but later it detect as virus itself and sim detection will be gone, it works only for few months. My antivirus detect some thing happened in the background wth downloading and transmitting data in your hidden c-drive or other ip address. I stoped used that time.
This same goes to 4G/5G routers. These were imported from various countries by exporters available in india to sell on online, They didn't having any BIS certification for energy, hardware devices as per indian household and technology.

When you use hotspot from unknown 4g dongle and wireless router devices at your home, it will transmit your data of you hardware, browsing and other's things to server from they are manufactures and originated. That is reason, Jio is blocking devices. Cheap products aren't secure and sufficient, they brings a long time financial situations and privacy issue.

Last edited:
Operators have ways to detect tethering of any sort not just WiFi, even if one tethers using USB cable or bluetooth they can distinguish between usage arising from the mobile and from 3rd party devices. Operators in USA and other developed countries have been charging extra for tethering since the days of 3G, if Indian operators decide to do this, their revenue will grow substantially, coz most ppl use mobile data through hotspot.
Oh! If they're so smart why they removed hotspot from JioPhone? They could've simply perform this technique.
Is it costly for companies to deploy this?

Back
Top Bottom