Article Jio adds 4.4 million subscribers as Vi loses 4.8 million in June 2020: TRAI Report

@Esmail bro. I disagree. These postpaid plans are really attractive specially for the young people who loves OTT who will likely join or upgrade to Jio's Postpaid+. You are getting premium OTTs worth ₹346.50. So you are basically paying ₹124.32 for 70 GB data with carry over facility of 200 GB. Premium customer service is a treat on top of that.
Few corrections the OTT price for the 3 apps u are calculating is ₹316.50 not 346.50 and the Amazon prime and Disney+Hotstar are included only for 1 year after which it will be only the 200 of Netflix included in the plan price, Amazon and Hotstar will be charged separately.

Few corrections the OTT price for the 3 apps u are calculating is ₹316.50 not 346.50 and the Amazon prime and Disney+Hotstar are included only for 1 year after which it will be only the 200 of Netflix included in the plan price, Amazon and Hotstar will be charged separately.
I added Jio Saavn as well. If Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar is available for first year. Then it's a bad deal.

I added Jio Saavn as well. If Amazon Prime and Disney+ Hotstar is available for first year. Then it's a bad deal.
Bro Jio saavn is listed in these plans along with Jio tv and Jio cinema just like it's listed in any Jio prepaid plan, it doesn't mention Jio Saavn pro, the plan listing broadly says all Jio apps included same as prepaid. Also with respect to the data, in Jio prepaid plans u have daily quota but if you exhaust it only your speed will be throttled till next days quota is allotted, but in these plans there is no such option, and if while watching videos on these OTT apps, you cross your 75 GB limit you will straight away start getting billed at ₹10/GB and who knows how much that will inflate your bill, the 471 that you have pictured might just turn out to 600 when u get the bill.

Network improvement needs money and Vi has none. They are struggling to pay the AGR due installments and promoter group companies have declined to infuse fresh capital into the joint venture. So the only way they can raise money is by tariff hikes and then they can use that money for network expansion and upgradation. Ofcourse that's far fetched and the subscriber will rather switch to an operator that has good network today than to wait for Vi to improve in the future. Thus the constant subscriber loss
True, Vi will continue to loose unless they invest in network. India is not same market where they were able to survive with pug or Zoozooz marketing blitz.

Last edited:
Network improvement needs money and Vi has none. They are struggling to pay the AGR due installments and promoter group companies have declined to infuse fresh capital into the joint venture. So the only way they can raise money is by tariff hikes and then they can use that money for network expansion and upgradation. Ofcourse that's far fetched and the subscriber will rather switch to an operator that has good network today than to wait for Vi to improve in the future. Thus the constant subscriber loss
Very TRUE. Even now, they are just wasting Rs800 crores on almost useless marketing campaigns now.

There exists still a great opportunity for VoId, if the promoters are ready to invest. But they don't want to. They even blatantly saying so. If even the promoters are not having confident in their co, then who will have faith in them and invest their money??? It is totally bad to have the wonderful combination of the most abundant liberated spectrum and least load on network, but still falling to position number 3 from number one. VoId activities just reminds the cry-baby kids in nursery classes, complaining teacher for everything.

Another problem with them is, they blindly follow Airtel like the dog in their old ad in almost all cases incl tariff hike, offers, etc, EXCEPT the investment in network. With bad 4G coverage, VoId should have launched VoWiFi before everyone, but reverse happened. Even their VoLte is the worst wrt clarity. I want them to survive and give good competition to Jio and Airtel. I am sure Jio will raise prices in coming days, so many people like me will support under-dog, who is giving a good fight by giving competition, like Aircel, Docomo, Uninor in pre-jio days. But the problem with VoId is, they are NOT giving competition at all, by following foot-path of Airtel.

They have liberalized 900MHz in Orissa, 20MHz band 3 in NE and Assam. They can give good fight in those places. But NO. They want to ALMOST wind up in most of those places saying non-profitable. If promoters paid some money, they can just increase the number of fiber connected towers and compete Jio with speed, after paying increased rental in towers. But NO, their promoters will never open their wallet and waste the spectrum while crying about the spectrum cost and its payment dues.

I heard many people saying, "If VoId dies, there will be no competition in Telecom". But what I feel is even with VoId, there is almost no competition now. Only Airtel is busy fighting Jio and VoId is just playing side-fiddle. Human Brain is a very very wonderful thing. I just hope, VoId team use them in coming days and give a good fight, which will finally benefit us, the consumers.

No, I am not a Jio "Bhakt". I am using Airtel as my primary number (kindly check the thread "share your tariff" for confirmation) and I am using Jio as secondary and VoId as tertiary numbers.

Now, can Jio reduce Daily data quota for pre-paid users due to network congestion?

Why VI is spending so much in IPL ad??None is going to take their connection with this ad.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock