Is getting a BSNL SIM replacement done too much difficult?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11
  • Views Views: Views 1,243

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
I was scrolling through my YouTube feed and this video came on my feed.

I was surprised by his words. The YTber said, one needs to visit the police station, write an application and visit BSNL office after that only SIM replacement possible. I have never heard of this type of process before. Can someone enlighten me if they (BSNL) require such a hassle-full process for everyone or it is under certain circumstances?

P.S. The YTber didn't mentioned he falls under any restrictions either (e.g. citizen of another country / having any criminal record, etc.).

Esim is best for this Sim Stolen and replacement issue
But if your phone in which the esim was programmed gets stolen then you will need to get a replacement physical sim only issued. Later that can be converted into esim on the new device.

The YTber said, one needs to visit the police station, write an application and visit BSNL office after that only SIM replacement possible
Not really. I have replaced my BSNL SIM in the past before. Just walk in, pay for the SIM replacement charge and wait for a day or two to get the new SIM up and running
This is probably 8 years ago that I'm talking about, before Jio came in..

Also got my grandfather a 4G SIM. He had a CellOne 3G SIM before, just walked into the store and told them that I need a replacement SIM as the existing one stopped working.
Dumb people there accepted that pathetic excuse. This is around 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:
here is my experience while getting replacement sim

Jio sim 1 prepaid=== lost with handset. visited jio store, he asked me police report copy, but i handover him, original case/cover which i got when new sim was brought. he checked sim number was visible, then entered details and said it matching with your name on id proof. so gave him some 25-35 rs , got new new sim and went out.whole process took some 20minute in AUG2019.

jio sim 2 prepaid- used mAadhar app and locked biometric for some unknown threat. so jio guys couldnot perform biometric, hence took handwritten KYC form filled with sign and copy of aadhar and issued sim. wait for 1 day. next day again visited, then said its not verified. so he said will talk to senior and get it done, then after 30 minutes said. its done new replacement sim will be activated in 4 hour. Nov2018.

From last 15 days my bsnl sim is misplaced, hence planning to go this week to CSC. will share experience soon

I visited June 1st week to Airtel store for SIM replacement for SIM damage.

They took photo and thumb for KYC once it was matching issued me the SIM which got activated in 4 hours

If mobile sim was lost then you have to go police station. If sim is broken then no need to go school.

Back
Top Bottom