IPL 2018 | Winner - Chennai Super Kings

• Thread starter Thread starter Justlita22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,928
  • Views Views: Views 505,644
Bad move

It should be YuVi seems his place not confirmed i guess so only they made Ash as captain

Weird move
It was very much expected. Many experts predicted it when Punjab picked Ashwin in Auction.

Main reason behind that move is, Ashwin is considered smart, intelligent and thinking bowler.

But question here is: Can he use his intelligence in captaincy in effective manner or not.

Only time will tell. ;)

After Excellent Decisions In Auctions...KXIP's First Bad Move Is Appointing Ashwin As Captain..Has Less/No Prior Experience As Captain..Only Time Will Decide Their Fate...

Virender Sehwag reveals why R Ashwin was preferred over Yuvraj Singh as Kings XI Punjab captain for IPL 11

Sehwag also said he had always wanted a bowler-captain for the team and that he was influenced by the likes of former Pakistan skippers Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and 1983 World Cup-winning Indian captain Kapil Dev.

"90% of our fans were saying Yuvraj Singh was the best choice. But I was looking at someone different. I always thought that a bowler should be made the captain because I was a big fan of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Kapil Dev. They did very well for their teams," Sehwag said.

Virender Sehwag reveals why R Ashwin was preferred over Yuvraj Singh as Kings XI Punjab captain for IPL 11

Yayyy as expected Ashwin is now the captain of KXIP which is in anycase my second favorite team after CSK :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ashwin has always been a very smart cricketer in all departments of the game and even though he has not captained India internationally, he has always been a sort of deputy captain for Dhoni and Kohli in Test matches specially for Jadeja or any young spinner playing with him. He stays very close to the young spinners and has always been constantly helping and guiding them giving inputs to their game.

And as far as captaincy experience in general, he has captained Tamil Nadu in Ranji Trophy. So we cant say he doesnt have captaincy experience. But in any case Dhoni himself didnt have any such captaincy experience before leading India.

Believe me or not. In these TEN years, by getting Ashwin at the auction and making him as captain is the best move by KXIP and Preety Zinda. I believe he can make a difference!!!!! Rest will become a history to remember and cherish for all KXIP fans!!!!!!

IPL 2018: CAB wants Kolkata to host playoffs

The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has expressed interest in hosting the two yet-to-be-allotted IPL 2018 playoff matches at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. The two games, whose venues are yet to be fixed, are the Eliminator and Qualifier 2, scheduled to take place on May 23 and 25.

IPL 2018: CAB wants Kolkata to host playoffs

Back
Top Bottom