Sad News Inter vs Juventus is on Ten 2 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuz, we watch TV according to our mood. Nowadays we are buying according to our necessity to reduce bills. Niche content aren't watched like daily soaps. Even movies aren't watched on daily basis. So no point of me buying Star Gold, Max, UTV to increase my bill.

So which is why i say that broadcasters are at fault, they deliberately force customers to buy bouquet and still urging TRAI to not implement 15% bouquet discount cap and other good changes. If they can offer so many channels in bouquet at lower price then why a-la-carte prices have been kept so high?

So it like being urself at fault and shifting blame or pointing fingers to others for it. If broadcasters have confidence in their content, presentation then why be afraid to let consumers chose channels thru any route. They r hellbent on forcing channels on us with useless stuff , tell me who is interested in watching a movie on same broadcaster's 3 or 4 channels.

Broadcasters and audience need to mature and correct faults rather than continuing it

Well said guys. I agree with every comments you are doing here.
But I think that selecting channels one by one is really weird. Do we select contents on OTT app? No. We watch programs depends on our mood. So removing unwanted channels is a bad concept by Trai. It didn't help consumers or not even broadcasters. Our cable bill have raised by 50 percent.

Neither OTT business model can be compared with linear broadcast nor different content on OTT be put on same boat as a channel. On OTT u simply chose content, on TV u chose channel which gives favourite content.

Question is not about having either affordable a-la-carte or broadcaster bouquet or operator pack but all these r important and ultimately customer needs to decide. No justification for keeping price of a channel at Rs. 19 on standalone basis and giving it in bouquet at effective price of Rs. 2 or 3, this is totally wrong. Sure TRAI will not allow this even if broadcasters keep raising false alarms

Last edited:
Everything should be offered with offers like old times. I want to pay for package at affordable rates. Not for random broadcasters' cap.

This thread is going totally off topic.The issue was resolved long back .I am reporting to close this thread.

Everything should be offered with offers like old times. I want to pay for package at affordable rates. Not for random broadcasters' cap.

Those times when certain operators got huge discounts, gave us at higher price and broadcasters after getting big payments in advance became relaxed to offer repetitive content across channels? Previous framework is gone for good and will not come back.

Getting offers was not bcoz of generosity of operators but they itself bought bouquet at lower cost. Broadcasters r free to offer at that price itself right now but they won't bcoz it is evident that total revenue garnered in exact similar period will not be as earlier. Now they r all worried as cushion available is gone

Those times when certain operators got huge discounts, gave us at higher price and broadcasters after getting big payments in advance became relaxed to offer repetitive content across channels? Previous framework is gone for good and will not come back.

Getting offers was not bcoz of generosity of operators but they itself bought bouquet at lower cost. Broadcasters r free to offer at that price itself right now but they won't bcoz it is evident that total revenue garnered in exact similar period will not be as earlier. Now they r all worried as cushion available is gone
One question. Let's leave all that aside. Who had problem with old regime? Now who has time to add and drop channels per convience. It's good on Tata Sky and Airtel because of daily lock in period. What about cable and DTH? It's not affordable to just pay for ₹198 for just one broadcasters channels. If we opted for all bill goes above ₹400.

One question. Let's leave all that aside. Who had problem with old regime? Now who has time to add and drop channels per convience. It's good on Tata Sky and Airtel because of daily lock in period. What about cable and DTH? It's not affordable to just pay for ₹198 for just one broadcasters channels. If we opted for all bill goes above ₹400.

So ask broadcasters to revise prices, they r knowingly charging high for bouquet and immensely inflated rate for standalone prices. Post this u can continue with desired pack or bouquet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock