Discussion Installed Jio Fiber connection today.

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my second Optic Fiber connection, jio Fiber today at home. earlier and still I am a user of railwire and there was absolutely no reason to move on. but to give it a try I booked Jio fiber Prepaid connection and same was installed today.
I got gateway JCOW414 version(april-2022)

initital imression:
1. Cable is of HFCL made looks like a delicate wire like earlier BSNL Copper cable. Don't know how it going to be perform in Long Run,
2. Gateway is taking 3-5min boot. Seriously Jio? 3-5 min to connect? My Railwire hardly takes 1 min to complete boot up.
3. got 150mbps plan (though on SMS and on app it says 13 OTT apps include but didn't found anything)
4. Speed is not constant at all.
Mobile:
on 2.4Ghz I am getting, 50-52mbps download , 55-56mbps upload speed.
on 5Ghz I am getting, 150mbps+ download, but getting absurd upload speed, sometime 30mbps, 50mbps, 70mbps, 150mbps, 165mbps, 176 mbps (so upload speed is not constant at all)
on laptop :
using Lan cable , 98mps symmetrical upload and download speed. (don't know why it capped at 100mbps, maybe due to link speed 100/100mbps only.
on 2.4GHz 50mbps+ upload and 50mbps + download speed.
Laptop doesn't support 5Ghz Band.
(using speedtest ookla)
5. Ping is on higher side, 14-16ms. used to get below 10 in railwire.
6. Jio Join for Voice call through Mobile, physical landphone also available.

This is my first Ever Jio Product , never used any Jio Product Before.
Feel free to ask any Query
Thanks @Bapun Raz bro for assisting again for choosing this, Earlier You were helpful with my Railwire connection too

This is something really weired..
sbV1X4h.jpg

AOBFJY8.jpg

KpkejCK.jpg

ffn0Frv.jpg

krWvPRF.jpg

Congrats bro!

3. got 150mbps plan (though on SMS and on app it says 13 OTT apps include but didn't found anything)
You'll need Jio set top box to activate OTT apps. Without it you'll only get internet.
4. Speed is not constant at all.
On 2.4 Ghz speed will be around 50-60mbps. On 5Ghz (802.11ac) you should get promised speed (at least 140+ symmetrical speed on 150mbps plan).
on 5Ghz I am getting, 150mbps+ download, but getting absurd upload speed, sometime 30mbps, 50mbps, 70mbps, 150mbps, 165mbps, 176 mbps (so upload speed is not constant at all)
Upload speed should be closer to the promised speed. You should contact Jio CC see what they say. Btw, didn't you check upload and download speed in front of technician at the time of installation? Try to use other 5Ghz device, since you are getting symmetrical speed on 2.4Ghz and also on laptop with LAN cable.
on laptop :
using Lan cable , 98mps symmetrical upload and download speed. (don't know why it capped at 100mbps, maybe due to link speed 100/100mbps only.
on 2.4GHz 50mbps+ upload and 50mbps + download speed.
Yes, it may be due to the link speed.
5. Ping is on higher side, 14-16ms. used to get below 10 in railwire.
Jio has higher ping.

Yes, it may be due to the link speed.
changed the LAN cable. now link speed is 1Gbps(1000/1000mbps)
and got symetrical speed on Laptop

Btw, didn't you check upload and download speed in front of technician at the time of installation?
they said Wait atleast 24 hours, if not improve then they will visit again.

@Bapun Raz and @sumitroy bro,
On laptop using Lan cable getting 150-170mbps upload speed.
But on mobile using 5Ghz, getting 30-50mbps upload speed.
Currently not having any 5Ghz device to check speed.
Do u think its a issue with mobile or connection itself?

Do u think its a issue with mobile or connection itself?
Could be either.

Try to test the phone by connecting it to another router (or network) that supports 5Ghz connection and has high speed internet (150 mbps or above). If the upload speed is above 150mbps then the issue is likely with the router. In that case, try to reset / restart the router or contact Jio CC.

Alternatively, you can buy this and test the 5Ghz connection speed using laptop. If you get proper speed then the issue is with your phone. If not, then you need to troubleshoot the router or contact Jio CC.

Or, you can just contact Jio CC and explain them the issue. They will send technician and they have 5Ghz phone to test the speed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock