Installed ACT Fibernet in Bangalore

U999X0D

Contributor
Reaction score
Now that I'm back to Bangalore, I was looking for a good broadband provider. After asking people around, I found that:
  1. ACT has superior internet speeds and most uptime compared to Hathway.
  2. Airtel is still copper wire in my area, so decided not to go for it.
  3. Tata Play fiber in my area is way expensive compared to ACT
  4. JioFiber has bad gaming pings. A big red flag for me.
So left with no other choice, I went for ACT. I got the ACT Storm plan which promises 3300GB data at 300 Mbps speed for only Rs. 1185 (without taxes).
Since I live in a PG in Nagawara, they were not allowing me to use the existing ACT connection (with disastrous speeds per device) present in the PG. So the installation guys had to draw a wire from a nearby apartment.
And since I paid for only 1 month, I had to pay installation charges extra: Rs. 650 and they did not offer me a router.

This is the ethernet wire I got eventually:
qc5hp5V.jpg

This is the speed I'm getting (plugged in with Ethernet):
9xNXFBw.png

The problem is, its Not the "100% of the plan speeds" they mentioned on their website:
lnMrdkP.png

Nevertheless, I'm enjoying gaming on this connection, rather than relying on my PG WiFi which drops without notice.
I'm also able to do my work properly on the 3 WFH days in a week.

Rating: 9/10. Really impressed, just that they should not make claims on website which they can't provide..

Congrats bro. ACT is reliable in terms of connectivity and speed. I'm not sure why you are getting lower speed than your plan's. Did the wire run longer? We usually get greater than or equal to the plan speed on ACT!

Congrats bro. ACT is reliable in terms of connectivity and speed. I'm not sure why you are getting lower speed than your plan's. Did the wire run longer? We usually get greater than or equal to the plan speed on ACT!
Longer yes, because the wire is coming from the next building.
But its not too long like a 1km wire or something. Maybe 80-100m wire...

The problem is, its Not the "100% of the plan speeds" they mentioned on their website:
lnMrdkP.png

Nevertheless, I'm enjoying gaming on this connection, rather than relying on my PG WiFi which drops without notice.
So today I moved out of the PG into my rented flat in another area, with the same plan that should offer 300Mbps@1399 (incl. Tax)
When I did a speedtest today, I was really surprised with the speeds I got.
N1vMgIF.png

On a plan where I was struggling to get 300Mbps in my previous area, I'm now getting 350Mbps without any additional charge to the plan (I had to pay 650 to move the connection tho)..

Rating: 9/10. Really impressed, just that they should not make claims on website which they can't provide..
Thoroughly Impressed by ACT in my new area. Now its definitely worthy of an 11/10 rating. It's that good...

I have ACT Swift Plan with 75 Mbps speed.

But I did Test now and this is what it shows.

Is this something i need to inform ACT CC since its way too less when compared to my plan.

71WaNfp.png

I have ACT Swift Plan with 75 Mbps speed.

But I did Test now and this is what it shows.

Is this something i need to inform ACT CC since its way too less when compared to my plan.

71WaNfp.png
My Vodafone number's 4G offers 40 Mbps which is supposed to be worst in my region. This doesn't look like broadband speed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock