• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,139

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
New Delhi, May 30: Indo-Pak peace will get another chance to resurrect itself from its almost non-existential entity when defence secretaries of the two nations resume the bilateral talks on May 30. The talks assume significance in the aftermath of the killing of Osama bin Laden by US Navy SEALS in the Pakistani garrison town of Abottabad.

In another significant development, Yusuf Raza Gilani, the Pakistani Prime Minister has reiterated in a statement that, his country will not allow its soil to be used to plot terror attacks against any other nation.

The talks this time around are most likely to be centred only around the Siachen glacier. Anaylsts, assume that while Pakistan will want India to return to the 1972 troop position as stated in the Shimla Agreement, India on the other hand will demand that Pakistan accept and authenticate the present situation of forces in the Siachen glacier.

There will be further pressure on Pakistan, as the Indian government has off late resorted to some tough talking, especially the otherwise reticent Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.

The Prime Minister has said, "The more I see of what is happening in Pakistan the more I am convinced that Pakistan's leadership must now wake up, and must recognise that the terror machine they have or at least some elements in the country patronise, is working not to anybody's advantage."

His Pakistani counterpart, Yusuf Raza Gilani on May sounded optimistic about the talks with India and responded to Manmohan Singh's statement by saying, "We have ensured that our soil is not used for terror attacks in any country. Both the military and political leadership are on the same page on this issue."

OneIndia News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock