Indians have somehow managed to run WhatsApp on a JioPhone.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 494

Sai Jai

Reaction score
The most random and amazing things happened at my company Browserling , which provides a cross-browser testing tool for web developers, in the last few weeks. Someone in India discovered that they can use WhatsApp on cheap $20 phones (Jio Phones) via Browserling. These cheap phones can’t run WhatsApp but if you go to Browserling, you can use it via web.whatsapp.com. He made a video explaining this, the video went viral, got re-posted everywhere, and more people started making videos about it, such as this, this and this.

I started getting crazy traffic, thousands, then tens of thousands of visitors, and it just kept increasing from India, all trying to use Browserling as a WhatsApp proxy tool. Indian blogs picked it up, started re-posting it, too. Traffic was going insane.

Desperate for WhatsApp, tens of thousands of Indians with cheap phones flood a US coder’s website

Source credit @sumitroy bro :)

You still need a smartphone to scan Whatsapp, and moreover, why do they need to visit Browserling, Jio users can easily visit web.whatsapp.com in their browser and scan QR to log in.

Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom