India tour of Australia 2020 -2021 | News & Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartwarming Gesture from Captain Rahane,

Sportsmanship and Sprite of the Game.

Then Inviting Afghanistan to hold the trophy even after their loss.

RRHjYDB.jpg

Now Signed Indian Jersey for Lyon's 100th Test

CmPPlyO.jpg

What I find interesting is the quiet and resolute confidence exuded by Rahane is far more scarier than all of Kohlis aggression.
Shastri - Kohli /Shastri - Rahane.. Someone is surely doing it right.

Coming from watching cricket in the '90s, this victory still feels like a dream to me (I think it will be the same for many others from my generation). We are used to the Test matches where India would always look for a draw and end up losing! And we never even think about winning such matches, especially overseas! Drawing the test used to be a huge achievement in such situations. I don't think I have seen anything like this in my life in all these years of watching cricket in all formats of the game. Yeah, there have been many nail-biting matches like the 2003 WC match against Pakistan, the 2011 WC Final, the Chennai test match where we chased 387 against England, and many such games. But this game, this today was the real deal for me. It's the day of the dreamers who keep dreaming about an Indian win in such a fairytale manner even after switching off the TVs! I honestly don't think I will ever witness such a win in my life again (God forbid, India should win many such games).

It's just not about winning this game though, but the struggles, mentally with Covid restrictions, Physically with all the injuries and the Aussie might of body line bowling on the field that this team had to go through in order to achieve it and win the series from 0-1 to 2-1. That is a huge, unexplainable achievement. And to achieve it with more than half our key players, not in the playing XI and the opposition playing a full-strength is just exceptionally remarkable. Honestly, I'm at a loss for words to express my feelings here. TEAM INDIA!! TAKE A BOW!! THANK YOU for everything you have done on this tour for our country! You made the whole country forget about every issue that is on hand right now and made us all ONE! That's what a Sport can do, Unite us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock