India 'seriously' Considering Bid for 2036 Olympics Games - Anurag Thakur

somnath chakraborty

Contributor
Reaction score
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said that India is seriously considering bidding for the hosting rights of the 2036 Olympic Games. Thakur said the government will consult with the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) to prepare a roadmap ahead of the IOC session in Mumbai in 2023.

Art of wasting money. Spent money instead on improving sports infrastructure. Grooming younger talent and make sports a courier choice. So that we sit on Top 5 table.

Art of wasting money. Spent money instead on improving sports infrastructure. Grooming younger talent and make sports a courier choice. So that we sit on Top 5 table.
Just that you are not aware of the money spent by Govt. as well as Private field as part of their CSR doesn't mean that there are no efforts being made to improve the sports infrastructure in country.But at the end of the day,it comes down to the fact that how beneficial the money spent on Olympics would be for India other than the fact that it will be a matter of pride.

Just that you are not aware of the money spent by Govt. as well as Private field as part of their CSR doesn't mean that there are no efforts being made to improve the sports infrastructure in country.But at the end of the day,it comes down to the fact that how beneficial the money spent on Olympics would be for India other than the fact that it will be a matter of pride.
I know they spent money elite athletes. But that's not enough for amature. Most people doesn't want to pick sports as a career. We need to change that with lucrative incentive. Even if we have the money. I always considered hosting Olympics a wastage of resource. Just see where Brazil and Greece has ended up. IMO Olympics needs to be hosted at countries where they already have the infrastructure. Or at some island exclusively made for Olympics. OIC can easily make the money from television and streaming rights.

I know they spent money elite athletes. But that's not enough for amature. Most people doesn't want to pick sports as a career. We need to change that with lucrative incentive.
I agree with that but problem lies in the fact that for Indians roti,kapda and makaan has to take precedence over everything else.Moreover,the chances of success in sports will may be like 1 in a million.Not everyone who takes up sport can be a guaranteed success.It's not just for India even in countries like UK beyond the riches of PL and Championship football ,there are 1000's of footballer who pursue some other career or take up sundry jobs if not successful in football.
Even if we have the money. I always considered hosting Olympics a wastage of resource. Just see where Brazil and Greece has ended up. IMO Olympics needs to be hosted at countries where they already have the infrastructure. Or at some island exclusively made for Olympics. OIC can easily make the money from television and streaming rights.
Atleast some good stadiums and training facilities may come up in the name of conducting olympics.And it may draw more tourists etc.

I agree with that but problem lies in the fact that for Indians roti,kapda and makaan has to take precedence over everything else.Moreover,the chances of success in sports will may be like 1 in a million.Not everyone who takes up sport can be a guaranteed success.It's not just for India even in countries like UK beyond the riches of PL and Championship football ,there are 1000's of footballer who pursue some other career or take up sundry jobs if not successful in football.
Somehow it works for countries like US. Where sports is giving priority from high school itself.
Atleast some good stadiums and training facilities may come up in the name of conducting olympics.And it may draw more tourists etc.
Just see what happens to the infrastructure after a Commonwealth Games or a National Games.

Somehow it works for countries like US. Where sports is giving priority from high school itself.
Unlike US India is not a rich country,people/facility will be comparatively very less is US.
Just see what happens to the infrastructure after a Commonwealth Games or a National Games.
It is not a certainty that what happened post Commonwealth games would happen in future too.

Unlike US India is not a rich country,people/facility will be comparatively very less is US.
This is why we shouldn't hosting Olympics. Sooner or later most other countries will stop bidding for it like they are doing for Commonwealth Games. We will ended up having the burden.
It is not a certainty that what happened post Commonwealth games would happen in future too.
Let's hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock