India ranks last on 4G LTE speeds: OpenSignal report

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
OpenSignal has published The State of LTE report for February 2018, where it has highlighted the average 4G LTE speeds across several countries including India. As per the report, 4G speeds in India are dismal and the country was ranked last on the list.

According to the report, in terms of availability of 4G signals, India was assigned the fourteenth position (down from eleventh in November 2017) with an increased 86.26 percent coverage of 4G. The growth is attributable mostly to the telecom boom after Reliance Jio jumped into the scene a couple of years back. El Salvador and Algeria were last on the list with 4G availability falling below 45 percent.

India has the worst 4G LTE speeds in the world - CIOL

I just read the original article @ The State of LTE - OpenSignal

Here is text about India found on article "The bottom ranks in our speed chart feature several countries with large populations — and therefore large mobile subscriber bases — that bring down the global 4G average. For instance, India and Indonesia both averaged 4G downloads below 10 Mbps. "

Last edited:
In my view affordability is more important than speed. There is no point in building highway if you set toll tax so high that people cannot use it. And 6 Mbps average speed is not that bad afterall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock