Breaking India is setting up an IMEI database to tackle phone theft

Our government is not accepting criticism. EllIot Anderson (Twitter handle fs0c131y) surfaced many vulnerabilities, but instead of thanking him our Government Blocked all links to join his Telegram and WhatsApp group.
Wow. Isn't this linked to Mr. Robot tv show? F.society? There's actual Twitter handle with such a name? Damn. This is new for me. 😅
Thanks for the info

Wow. Isn't this linked to Mr. Robot tv show? F.society? There's actual Twitter handle with such a name? Damn. This is new for me. 😅
Thanks for the info
It's surprising that you haven't heard about him, his is generally quoted by many big News organizations.

unnecessary step imo.. we could still blacklist the IMEI when people report a stolen/lost mobile.. there's no need to store all the IMEI number in one place. i hope we won't see a breaking news - "India's IMEI database hacked. Millions of IMEI numbers leaked online"

More importantly IMEI can be changed easily

The CEIR will sort nationally active IMEI numbers in three groups – White, Black, and Gray.

White list IMEI numbers- Devices Operating legitly

Black list IMEI numbers- Devices reported stolen or misplaced by users.

Gray list IMEI numbers- Devices which do not comply by the standards but will be permitted to stay in use “under supervision.”

While cataloging all the IMEI numbers in India, the CEIR will also have access to GSM Association‘s global IMEI database so that illegally unlocked devices can be traced and blocked by the Indian government.

The Indian government is making an IMEI database to track stolen phones

Last edited:
How, I don't think flashing ROMs or rooting gives access to change IMEI

Not just Android, you can even change IMEI of the so called, "most secure" iPhone 😜. I can tell you how but before that book a "deluxe room" in Tihar.🙈

Not just Android, you can even change IMEI of the so called, "most secure" iPhone 😜. I can tell you how but before that book a "deluxe room" in Tihar.🙈
No, I don't wanna know that, I am happy being simple law abiding citizen 🙂

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock