• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,200

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
New Delhi, May 25 : Immadi Prudhvi Tej, resident of Hyderabad, has topped the joint entrance examination (JEE) of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), whose results were declared Wednesday. He aspires to be a civil servant.

The second rank was held by Shubham Mehta, resident of Kota in Rajasthan.

After excelling in the exam, the IIT entrants have set their eyes on bigger challenges ahead.

While Tej aspires to be an Indian Administrative Service officer, Shubham wants to start his own enterprise after higher studies from the US.

"I would like to go for civil service...will prepare for that," Tej told TV channel CNN-IBN.

The boy who wants to take up electrical engineering at IIT-Bombay, says he was happy, and was looking forward to watch some movies.

"I am feeling happy...it was not that easy and not that difficult. I will get into Mumbai IIT now, in electrical group," Tej said.

"I also plan to catch up on lot of movies I have missed," he added.

The second topper, Shubham, is busy preparing for an international academic event where he will be representing India. "I am preparing for the International Physics Olympiad," Shubham told IANS.

A resident of Kota, Rajasthan, Shubham scored 92.8 percent in his Class 12 board exams. Asked about his future plans, he said: "I will do computer engineering from IIT-Bombay and M.S. and Ph.D. from the US, then I will open my own company," said the 17-year-old.

IIT JEE results were declared at 8 a.m. Wenesday and were on the JEE website. Sanjay Dhande, director of IIT-Kanpur, which organised the exams this year, said 13,602 students have passed the IIT-JEE 2011.

For the first time, students will get to see scanned answer sheets online from June 4.

Over 4.85 lakh students appeared for 9,600 seats in 15 IITs, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University (IT-BHU) and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, in the exam which was held April 10 at 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country, an official statement said.

Among the girls, out of a total of 108,647 this year, 1,491 have passed the exam.

Counselling for all successful candidates will be held online and admissions will be held in two rounds. While the first list will be published on IIT-Kanpur website June 21, the second list will be issued July 6.

The number of students who appeared in the JEE this year was 30,000 more than last year, a rise of 6.5 percent.

Model solutions of the paper were put up May 15 and IITs have acknowledged errors adding up to 36 marks, for which full marks will be granted to all students who attempted the questions.

--IANS

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock