Idea Cellular offers 500 MB data per day, unlimited voice for Rs 348

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Idea Cellular , India’s third largest telco by users has launched a new plan with daily data benefit and free unlimited voice call for non-data users to take on 4G entrant Reliance Jio ’s prime offers that will be available starting April 1.

The Aditya Birla group-telco is offering unlimited voice and 500 MB data per day, for 28 days for Rs 348. A company spokeswoman said that that this is a segmented offer, which is being promoted to non-data users of certain type using 4G handsets.

Bharti Airtel , the country’s largest telco, also rolled out two aggressive bundled plans at Rs 145 and Rs 349 to counter Reliance Jio’s Prime offer. Under these packs, Bharti Airtel is offering 14 GB of 3G/4G data over a month, bundled with unlimited voice calls, according to a Credit Suisse note.

In a bid to make its Prime offers more attractive, Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio on Firday launched a buy one get one free offer. As part of the offer, those recharging with Rs 303, Rs 499 and above before March 31 will get additional benefits. Customers recharging with Rs 303 will get an add-on of Rs 201 which will give 5 GB free data. For Rs 499 and above, customers will get a free add-on of Rs 301 which gives 10 GB of free data.

The benefit of the free-add on will be given automatically by Jio.

Idea Cellular: Idea Cellular offers 500 MB data per day, unlimited voice for Rs 348 to take on Reliance Jio, Telecom News, ET Telecom

Suggestion/Warning: I feel that these packs from Airtel/Idea/Vodafone are temporary in nature & they might take down these packs without notice at any time. So, if you think that let me recharge this instead of Jio & after 1 or 2 or 3 or X months, they withdraw these packs and start charging higher, then you are in a fix. Whereas Jio is giving 1 year assurance of pack. So decide wisely.
Note: I am not related to Jio or want to promote, it. I felt that as consumers, people should not get fooled by these cos, that's why I am asking to take your decision wisely.

Prathamesh said:
Suggestion/Warning: I feel that these packs from Airtel/Idea/Vodafone are temporary in nature & they might take down these packs without notice at any time. So, if you think that let me recharge this instead of Jio & after 1 or 2 or 3 or X months, they withdraw these packs and start charging higher, then you are in a fix. Whereas Jio is giving 1 year assurance of pack. So decide wisely.
Note: I am not related to Jio or want to promote, it. I felt that as consumers, people should not get fooled by these cos, that's why I am asking to take your decision wisely.

100% Right. People should consider the long term benefit.

Vodafone confirmed it's one year plan. Hence instead of jio people can opt Vodafone. Since Vodafone has superior network in India.

Balaji G said:
Vodafone confirmed it's one year plan. Hence instead of jio people can opt Vodafone. Since Vodafone has superior network in India.
When Jio prime was not there voda charging 1500 for 12 GB. And now they are giving 28 GB at ₹ 350. So It's Jio who is behind this vodafone offer so we should encourage people to join Jio instead of discouraging so that competition remains and customers get benefit.

Prathamesh said:
Airtel has also confirmed that these plans are available for 12 months. And thing to note here is that this is only 4g data. Not applicable for 3g or 2g.
Once the subscriber recharges with any one these packs, he has to continue the same plan for next 11 months. And this offer is available only till 31st march.

Ritesh said:
Airtel has also confirmed that these plans are available for 12 months. And thing to note here is that this is only 4g data. Not applicable for 3g or 2g.
Once the subscriber recharges with any one these packs, he has to continue the same plan for next 11 months. And this offer is available only till 31st march.
Which plan bro? In ₹148 plan 500mb/day I am using data on 3G as well as on 4G as in indoor no 4G only 3G but in outdoor it's 4G.

Sarkar said:
Which plan bro? In ₹148 plan 500mb/day I am using data on 3G as well as on 4G as in indoor no 4G only 3G but in outdoor it's 4G.
They have revised the existing plans. Problem with Airtel is they are not openly saying anything. Sending messages to customers and other news websites are reporting.
Let's wait to hear from them, would be clear in 1-2 days.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock