ICC Women's World Cup 2017

In my opinion this was the best result for women's cricket in India in the long term. If BCCI actually cares about it now more than before, then there are a lot of things that need to be improved. Things like attitude, approach and fitness etc. can be improved in a short amount of time if you actually care about it. If this team is considered professional then these things need to be worked on.

Also Mithali Raj is a very poor captain. She has only one mode and allows the game to drift for far too long and hopes for a wicket rather than actively pursuing one by going on the attack. She allows the incoming batsmen the time to face a few deliveries and take a few singles and get her eye in, all the while happy that the run rate has suffered somewhat. This approach hurts the team especially in low scoring matches like these where every run matters in the end.

I have formed these views after watching India's games in the qualifiers as well as against SA and now the World Cup. There is tremendous potential in the women's game and I am sure someone in the BCCI will notice how much more money it can bring them if treated properly. Hopefully that alone will be reason enough for them to invest in the game and the players, support staff etc.

Inexperience cost India Women's Final it was easy Chance England dropped so many catches, Stumping still Victorious poor skills disappointing performance from Even Experience players like Mithali n Goswami
What concerned me more was that there seemed to be no message from the dugout to the players in the crease to take it slow or to not take any risks like in the case of Veda (or maybe there was a message and she simply didn't listen to it). I am really interested to know what was the coach thinking at such times.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock