ICC Under-19 World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 276
  • Views Views: Views 23,471
A big heart filled cheers :cheers::cheers::cheers:to our young champs!!!! Already players like Gill, Shaw, Nagarkoti, Roy, Poral, Mavi have all made a name, reputation and expectation for themselves with comparisons withe greats like Sachin, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhawan, Jadeja etc but one man who has gone under the radar is Harvik Desai. A wicket keeper batsmen who really reminded me of MS Dhoni of the past as well as the present with his glove work, fast stumpings, diving catches and finishing off a final in style like the great man himself.

With wicket keeper batsmen like Rishab Pant and Ishaan Kishan already making big strides we might not see this young lad with lots of opportunities in the Indian team but he has been a silent force like all wicket keepers are for this this young champion team!!! Wishing good luck to all the boys!!!!

And WOW!!! This Indian team is really something. They are totally of different class, we could actually see that in the results and winning margin in each and every game. Really brilliant stuff!! :clap::clap:

Last edited:
gone under the radar is Harvik Desai. A wicket keeper batsmen who really reminded me of MS Dhoni of the past as well as the present with his glove work, fast stumpings, diving catches and finishing off a final in style like the great man himself.

With wicket keeper batsmen like Rishab Pant and Ishaan Kishan already making big strides we might not see this young lad with lots of opportunities in the Indian team but he has been a silent force like all wicket keepers are for this this young champion team!!!

Statistical Information

India's winnings margins this tournament:
vs Aus: 100 runs
vs PNG: 10 wickets (252 balls remaining)
vs Zim: 10 wickets (170 balls remaining)
vs Ban: 131 runs
vs Pak: 203 runs
vs Aus: 8 wickets (67 balls remaining)
Hundreds in a final of the U-19 World Cup:
108 Brett Williams, Aus v Pak, 1988
107 Stephen Peters, Eng v NZ, 1998
100* Jarrad Burke, Aus v SA, 2002
111* Unmukht Chand, Ind v Aus, 2012
101* Manjot Kalra, Ind v Aus, 2018

India - The U19 World Champions...

27368251_1892841627401591_89682909712889904_o.jpg

DVGwJgYVAAUrBrl

"Social Media Buzz comparing Rahul Dravid with Ravi Shastri:

After a Win:-
RAHUL DRAVID- "It's embarrassing that I get a
lot of credit & attention around the whole
team's success. There are lot of members in the
support staff who have been equally valuable
& wonderful bench of players".

Ravi Shastri - "Where is Experts"?

This is the difference between them."

My opinion: Bingo!!! Infact before Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid was offered to be the coach of Indian Cricket Team but he declined saying he is not yet ready to be travelling alot and being away from family that too soon after retirement. But since he wanted to give back something to Indian Cricket, he chose to coach the young boys to make the foundation strong for the future. He is such a great humble person :) Salute to the great man!!

Back
Top Bottom