Breaking ICC invited bids for Digital Streaming rights for 2019-23

"Expressions of interest are sought only from organisations who have appropriate experience, infrastructure, staffing, required resources, capability and financial standing to exploit audio-visual digital content"
Facebook, Hotstar and Jio may compete for the rights. I found only this 3 eligible from Indian subcontinent(can consider YouTube if they are interested)
My prediction: Hotstar
Jio won't go for a 4 year mass cricket deal and they have to now focus on telecom and upcoming Gigafibre.

Last edited:
"Expressions of interest are sought only from organisations who have appropriate experience, infrastructure, staffing, required resources, capability and financial standing to exploit audio-visual digital content"
Facebook, Hotstar and Jio may compete for the rights. I found only this 3 eligible from Indian subcontinent(can consider YouTube if they are interested)
Jio won't go for a 4 year mass cricket deal for high price.
I doubt it slightly because Disney's they think star was hurting there bottomline yesterday in there financial report they say because of star there earnings got hit.

Jio won't go for a 4 year mass cricket deal for high price.
Totally agree with you. But, why are you voting Netflix and Amazon out? Amazon has bought streaming rights of other major streaming rights like Premier League. Also Netflix heavily invest on content. Although they haven't shown interest in sports yet. Cricket would be a safe bet for them in India with their new mobile centric plans. And Sony should stay away for live streaming.

Whoever has the sports with good infrastructure is winning the streaming race in the country.

I doubt it slightly because Disney's they think star was hurting there bottomline yesterday in there financial report they say because of star there earnings got hit.
Under Fox, Star behaved madly while IPL bidding war and acquired the rights for a huge price which is difficult to recover. Soon after that they bought BCCI rights for another big price. Now they are feeling the heat and the burden is with Disney not Fox. Even Disney is financially powerful but they will not let Star to spend much money like earlier. But at a rightful price Disney will be ready to buy it.I don't think Jio will give a tight competition here. We know that Jio's network is now underperforming in many area's. Apps including Jio TV isn't smooth like earlier. If they go for cricket rights then the telecom business will be in crisis. Forget Sony Liv. They may participate but don't buy. Another competitor may be Facebook.

Under Fox, Star behaved madly while IPL bidding war and acquired the rights for a huge price which is difficult to recover. Soon after that they bought BCCI rights for another big price. Now they are feeling the heat and the burden is with Disney not Fox. Even Disney is financially powerful but they will not let Star to spend much money like earlier. But at a rightful price Disney will be ready to buy it.I don't think Jio will give a tight competition here. We know that Jio's network is now underperforming in many area's. Apps including Jio TV isn't smooth like earlier. If they go for cricket rights then the telecom business will be in crisis. Forget Sony Liv. They may participate but don't buy. Another competitor may be Facebook.
You forgot AMAZON now they are buying sport rights example Superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock