Discussion ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 | Champion - England

Who will be Crowned as New Champion of World Cricket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not just Dhoni fans but a huge chunk of Indian fans doing this. And it should be stopped. I don't know what Karma do here. He didn't commit a SIN to run out MSD. He did what he has to do. So where karma came in here. I request our readers not to encourage this karma thing.
Here In Our Forum Also Some Members Said This Type Of KarmaThings Yesterday. They Forgot That Its Obvious NZ Playing Their level Best To Beat India To Reach World Cup Final. India Also Doing Same Thing With NZ. Each and Every Team Doing That. Its Obvious. Whats Wrong in it. They Are Playing For Their Country. We are playing for our country. But Sad Thing is that Some Fan Behave Like So Childish.

I don't have plans to stretch this either. Just a clarification for the bold part. The moment at which the throw is released is what matters not the time when the ball crosses the boundary. So yes, it was indeed a mistake from umpires.
As per some experts, the throw mentioned in the law refers to 'overthrow' by MCC.
Overthrow as they defined is when ball crosses the pitch in any direction. The batsmen crossed by the time the throw become an overthrow. As per the law, if the batsmen cross also, the run is counted, thus 6 is correct.
(Not my explanation, my English client told today. I am not endorsing).

As per some experts, the throw mentioned in the law refers to 'overthrow' by MCC.
Overthrow as they defined is when ball crosses the pitch in any direction. The batsmen crossed by the time the throw become an overthrow. As per the law, if the batsmen cross also, the run is counted, thus 6 is correct.
(Not my explanation, my English client told today. I am not endorsing).

I am not any expert but just read the rule made by ICC..

Rule 19.8: Overthrow or wilful act of fielder

If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be

— any runs for penalties awarded to either side

— and the allowance for the boundary

— and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.

And Five-time ICC Umpire of the Year award winner Simon Taufel also admits it's a mistake

67412568-2572052442826118-2095504467725123584-n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock