• Views Views: Views 1,570

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
artImg198x166_9627.jpg

You cannot use Siri at office anymore, if you work for IBM. Why? Well for starters, the voice controlled personal assistant ships all the data communicated with her to a gigantic data center in Maiden, North Carolina. So if you talk dirty to Siri, it’s all stored. Kind of scary, isn’t it?

But IBM is worried for a different reason altogether. IBM CIO Jeanette Horan told MIT’s Technology Review “The company worries that the spoken queries might be stored somewhere.”
Wired reports that “When you use Siri or Dictation, the things you say will be recorded and sent to Apple in order to convert what you say into text.” When users communicate with Siri a lot of sensitive information such as contact details, emails, messages, so on and so forth are sent to the Apple servers.

The agreement that we all rush to hit agree states, “By using Siri or Dictation, you agree and consent to Apple’s and its subsidiaries’ and agents’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing, and use of this information, including your voice input and User Data, to provide and improve Siri, Dictation, and other Apple products and services.”

If you think about it, Siri does breach the privacy of individuals that use it. For what periods of time is this data stored with Apple and who are the people that have access to it is unknown by the people who use the personal assistant software.

Via Thinkdigit

Well, thats a serius breach there by Apple.
So definitely, a good move by IBM...

Thanks for the share buddy !

Thanks for sharing....

Really it very serious issue.
I think similarly we should take care while using voice to text facility available at all android devices.
They also send voice data to central server for processing....
:huh

As far as I know, our voice commands in Android are stored in Google Servers under our account. Just like our search history.
So, if we disable search history or clean them, it also flushes off our Android Voice Commands history...
So, I feel its a minimal brech of Security and that too can be overcomed !

mystic said:
Thanks for sharing....

Really it very serious issue.
I think similarly we should take care while using voice to text facility available at all android devices.
They also send voice data to central server for processing....
:huh

iS THAT ME said:
As far as I know, our voice commands in Android are stored in Google Servers under our account. Just like our search history.
So, if we disable search history or clean them, it also flushes off our Android Voice Commands history...
So, I feel its a minimal brech of Security and that too can be overcomed !
Good that you think this way for Google... :lol

Back
Top Bottom