• Thread starter Thread starter IndiaN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 635

IndiaN

Contributor
Reaction score
I should not be removed as BCCI president: Srinivasan

Suspended BCCI president N Srinivasan filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court questioning his removal as the Board president. The Supreme Court through an interim order on March 28 had removed Srinivasan from the said post, appointing Shivlal Yadav and Sunil Gavaskar as joint heads. The Supreme Court was forced to take this decision in the wake of the spot-fixing and betting scandal that rocked the Indian T20 League last year.

In his petition, Srinivasan has appealed to the apex court to reconsider the interim order. "I am highly aggrieved by the unfair and unsubstantiated allegations made against me in the course of hearing of the above matter on 27-03-2014. Further, I am personally not aware of the reason why this Hon'ble Court orally expressed that I should not continue as President of BCCI," Srinivasan stated.

The hearing of the T20 League case is supposed to come up in the court on April 16, the same day on which the seventh edition of the tournament begins in Abu Dhabi.

In the reply filed by Srinivasan, he added, "I humbly request this Hon'ble court to reconsider the interim order passed 28.3.2014 in so far as it relates to my elected office. My term ends with Sept 2014 and I should be allowed to complete my tenure."

Srinivasan has alleged that the petitioner (Aditya Verma of Cricket Association of Bihar) was hand-in-glove with ex-BCCI president AC Muthiah. He furthered defended himself for representing BCCI in last week's ICC Board meeting in Dubai saying, "Even though this Hon'ble Court clearly observed orally as informed to me by counsel that the interim order is restricted to only BCCI activities, a hue and cry was made by vested interests who have been vocal in the media that I should not represent BCCI in the ICC."

He has added there is no provision for an interim president in the constitution of the Board. He further slammed IPS Officer G. Sampath Kumar for making allegations against him. Sampath Kumar had also filed a petition in the Supreme Court stating how powerful people were trying to cover-up the betting and match-fixing scam. Srinivasan tried to turn back the tables onto him by asking the Supreme Court to direct the Tamil Nadu government to probe Kumar instead.

Gurunath Meiyappan, Srinivasan's son-in-law was indicted by the Supreme Court for his links with bookies and sharing team information with them. The probe report also confirmed Meiyappan as a Chennai' official. However, Srinivasan has repeatedly stated that Meiyappan was not a part of the official chair and was merely a "cricket enthusiast."
prv_0cd92_1397563215.jpg

Cricbuzz

Yeh to kurshi chhor ne ko taiyer hi nahi.
I think he sees BCCI as his family business.

dipayan said:
Yeh to kurshi chhor ne ko taiyer hi nahi.
I think he sees BCCI as his family business.
Actually he is buying time.If this petition goes till jul ,A.K patnaik retires.A new judge will be appointed for this.So may be dfferent judgement.

Back
Top Bottom