Breaking Huawei Has Developed it's Own OS Called 'HongMeng OS'

Abhinav

Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
After Google pulled back support for Huawei, the company revealed that they have been working on their own OS since 2012.

Huawei Central reported that The new Huawei OS is called "HongMeng". It isn't confirmed yet that this will be the original name of the OS or it’s just a codename, but Huawei has acknowledged its existence.

The OS has already been deployed in Huawei’s gadgets. It was also declared as 2018’s best innovation by the Chinese Ministry of Education.

"Hongmeng" is Huawei's first ever self developed operating system - Huawei Central
Huawei's HongMeng (Kirin OS?) Is 9 Years Old & Optimized For Linux

Last edited:
According to Huawei Central The company was using HongMeng OS in its mobile phones potentially hidden behind the curtain.

The new operating system is based on Linux and is a cross-platform OS, suitable for both mobile devices and laptops.

I said in my other post, google digs its own grave. This time they cross the limit that too with Huawei. Time will answer.
Actually it's not Google's fault, order was given by Trump. But yes you are right, even Trump understands he has taken worst decision that's why the ban is extended for 90 days.

Still, nothing is going to stop Huawei now, they will probably defeat Samsung and Apple Ecosystem soon.

The Global Name of Huawei's New OS can be ARK OS. Huawei has Registered ARK OS Trademark in Europe.

Huawei Central

Last edited:
Most of the phones sold in China do not have play services already. So they already have alternative solutions. The only problem would be to cater to international markets like India and USA. So they should still do well because of the size of Chinese market. Would be tough to survive here in India with no Google apps, backend, support. As for apps, they already have an app store that comes bundled on their Android devices.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock