Seeking Help How to ask Airtel for a router replacement?

• Thread starter Thread starter whoisthis
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4
  • Views Views: Views 318

whoisthis

Reaction score
As posted earlier, I got a new fibre connection yesterday & was given a Gx router. I had good experience with signal, speed etc with a ZTE F670L from another connection but the Gx/Genexis router is garbage in all terms & totally unusable.

I want to change it but not sure how to. I've contacted the installation guy but he said that Gx is all they have in stock & they've not received ZTE stock in over a year. I don't know if anything better than ZTE exists but that's what I'm aiming for, for now.

Can someone help me resolve this if you've similar experience?
1. Which brand is good to ask for a replacement? ZTE or any other?
2. Whom to contact, how to contact & what to say to get a replacement?

I don't plan on using bridge mode with my router or any serious custom settings (unless it's the last resort) other than having multiple SSIDs.

I have the Nokia G-2425G-A router which Airtel installed 3 years back and it works pretty well. It has good range and speed.

If you have got a crappy ONT from your ISP, it is advisable to use your own router. This has consistently resolved issues for me.

Expecting the ISP to replace the ONT is wishful thinking. It's purely luck if you receive a good one. If you're fortunate, great! Otherwise, using your own router is the recommended solution.

If you have got a crappy ONT from your ISP, it is advisable to use your own router. This has consistently resolved issues for me.

Expecting the ISP to replace the ONT is wishful thinking. It's purely luck if you receive a good one. If you're fortunate, great! Otherwise, using your own router is the recommended solution.
Felt like trying my luck like this bro

Back
Top Bottom