How tech startups are wooing laid-off Yahoo staff

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 459

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
BENGALURU: The startup talent war is heating up after Yahoo laid off hundreds of employees in India last month. Last week, about 30 startups made a three-minute
pitch to hundreds of Yahoo employees at a hotel room in Silicon City.

Buoyed by fresh funding, the startups offered big salaries,
stocks, perks — and even pep talk on economic patriotism — to woo employees at a closed-door event organized by software product think-tank iSpirt and venture capital firm Sequoia.

"It is like a swayamvara. I came all the way from Chennai to make a three-minute pitch only to hire talent," said Girish Mathrubootham, 39, chief executive of customer support software provider
Freshdesk, which raised Rs 190 crore from Google Capital along with existing investors Tiger Global and Accel Partners in June.

Chennai-based Freshdesk, which has over 30,000 clients including Toshiba, Stanford School of Medicine and Pearson, is looking
to hire 90 people.

It will also offer employee
stock options. "I had to pitch the Chennai beach to them as our office is located there. In Bangalore, they can't have a
beach side view," said Mathrubootham. http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/How-tech-startups-are-wooing-laid-off-Yahoo-staff/articleshow/45022239.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock