Breaking Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube Asked to Stream in SD to Ease Internet Burden Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

I think Broadband is exempt from this.

Hostar is still working at 4mbps avc full HD, Netflix is running 4K and prime video is showing HD 1080p on most contents on fire tv stick

I think Broadband is exempt from this.

Hostar is still working at 4mbps avc full HD, Netflix is running 4K and prime video is showing HD 1080p on most contents on fire tv stick

Yes.. I have Netflix, Prime and Hotstar. Both works in high bandwith only.

still able to see it streaming in 4K. May be HD streaming removed when on mobile network. Also it makes sense to do it on mobile network only

Also it makes sense to do it on mobile network only
How?
I don't think anyone watches in 4K or even in FHD with Mobile Network. It will burn through their daily data in no time. And with the slow speeds it's even more difficult.
Broadband users watch more FHD & 4K content. Including HDR, Dolby Atmos, 5.1/7.1 and what not.

How?
I don't think anyone watches in 4K or even in FHD with Mobile Network. It will burn through their daily data in no time. And with the slow speeds it's even more difficult.
Broadband users watch more FHD & 4K content. Including HDR, Dolby Atmos, 5.1/7.1 and what not.
Doesnt make sense to limit quality on broadband. It is able to handle easily. Even if the broadband speeds are low due to plans selected, Netflix algorithms are well equipped to handle the stream quality with its auto selection... Hotstar already gives poor quality with 4mbps avc bitrate even on FHD.

A lot of mobiles are now coming with L1 certification and supports FHD streaming and eats up the data even in a single episode.. Reducing quality there makes sense

Hotstar already gives poor quality with 4mbps avc bitrate even on FHD.
Talking about Hotstar, the COIA also told the OTT Services to reduce their Streaming Bit-Rates. A spokesperson from Hotstar said that most of their customer base doesn't watch in very high quality, and also the Bit-Rates are already very low in Hotstar, so they won't need to reduce it any further. 😂

And I thought it was all fake about YouTube, but turns out it's kinda true. There are a lot of rumors about a sphere of social networks and how they will evolve in the future. For example, TikTok becomes more popular and increased active users twice by last few months, as I know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock