Having a Stuck Pixel problem on my Asus Laptop

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Yesterday when I came back from office and turned on my laptop I faced a strange issue, on turning on the laptop it was working fine but after 5 minutes a white dot started appearing on the screen, it was clearly visible under white and color background, just on black wallpapers it was not showing.
Firstly I thought it might be due to some hardware issue or screen might have been pressed by me unknowingly and thought of taking it to service center as that white spot was really looking like a hindrance.

Today when I again turned on my laptop there was no white spot on screen and I thought it has gone for good but again it started to appear after 5 minutes.
I tried JFix Screen as many had suggested online : JScreenFix - Pixel Repair , but it was of no use.

Then I lastly tried my luck with a youtube video and kept the screen on for 15 minutes and yes the white spot was gone completely, even ran the dead pixel test to confirm and it wasn't appearing, but it is again appearing after some minutes, I have tried it twice or thrice and this video is making it disappear but it is coming back after few minutes automatically.

Can there be a permanent solution to this? I guess Service Center guys would ask me to change the panel that would again cost a whole lot.

Here is the picture of the white spot
Source

Hi Guys, Yesterday when I came back from office and turned on my laptop I faced a strange issue, on turning on the laptop it was working fine but after 5 minutes a white dot started appearing on the screen, it was clearly visible under white and color background, just on black wallpapers it was not showing.
Firstly I thought it might be due to some hardware issue or screen might have been pressed by me unknowingly and thought of taking it to service center as that white spot was really looking like a hindrance.

Today when I again turned on my laptop there was no white spot on screen and I thought it has gone for good but again it started to appear after 5 minutes.
I tried JFix Screen as many had suggested online : JScreenFix - Pixel Repair , but it was of no use.

Then I lastly tried my luck with a youtube video and kept the screen on for 15 minutes and yes the white spot was gone completely, even ran the dead pixel test to confirm and it wasn't appearing, but it is again appearing after some minutes, I have tried it twice or thrice and this video is making it disappear but it is coming back after few minutes automatically.

Can there be a permanent solution to this? I guess Service Center guys would ask me to change the panel that would again cost a whole lot.

Here is the picture of the white spot
Source
Is it a matte finish (non reflecting) or glossy finish (reflecting) Asus laptop?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock