Guwahati broadband provider 'MNet' launched new fiber plans

Quite a lot I guess. Otherwise plans like this wouldn't even exist. And such providers would've shut down.
They will not subscribe for 1 or 2 Mbps but for 20 Mbps mostly...These mobile signals always inconsistent...That makes trouble for WFH users specially using VPN...This is told by a relative who is WFH...

That's why competition is needed. Here too before JIO Fiber. Local ISP used to charge Rs900 for 6 or 8 Mbps and after JIO Fiber they found nowhere. I get everything better in JIO Fiber like 100% Uptime with much less price.
Here Jio is very slow in expanding. It's like they are not even trying. And COVID made it even worse. Airtel is doing much better in that regard.

Also, it would take very long for these two to provide service in our area, considering we live in the suburbs. I am guessing at least another year or year and a half.

They will not subscribe for 1 or 2 Mbps but for 20 Mbps mostly...These mobile signals always inconsistent...That makes trouble for WFH users specially using VPN...This is told by a relative who is WFH...
Yeah.. WFH people are suffering the most.. as they have no choice but to get whatever is available

Here Jio is very slow in expanding. It's like they are not even trying. And COVID made it even worse. Airtel is doing much better in that regard.

Also, it would take very long for these two to provide service in our area, considering we live in the suburbs. I am guessing at least another year or year and a half.
Actually, JIO was going very fast but they did not get the right penetration due to cheap data prices so now they are currently targeting areas where subscription chances are higher.

Strongly disagree. They came in my area two years back. More people has to come forward and sign up.

Strongly disagree. They came in my area two years back. More people has to come forward and sign up.
Our locality did the same when lockdown and WFH started. Many people in our colony came together and registered and we even contacted them. They gave a timeline of 4-6 months. It's been over a year now. And they haven't expanded a bit since then. Many people gave up and took expensive Railwire connections. 🙁

Our locality did the same when lockdown and WFH started. Many people in our colony came together and registered and we even contacted them. They gave a timeline of 4-6 months. It's been over a year now. And they haven't expanded a bit since then. Many people gave up and took expensive Railwire connections. 🙁
Your locality seems to be a bit far from the main localities of the cities. Meanwhile have you guys tried contacting your local cable operator. My local cable operators has similar plans like MNet but cheaper. It comes with basic bundle like Zee5. I think it is You Broadband. Earlier he had BSNL offering 10 GB per day for ₹700. Later he switched to a different company. I can't confirm provider name and exact plan until I get to go out.

Your locality seems to be a bit far from the main localities of the cities.
Yeah bro.. that's what I said in the earlier post. We live in suburban area.

Meanwhile have you guys tried contacting your local cable operator.
Our LCO provides Railwire connection. Plans are not that great. Installation charges are insane. They charge ₹5k for Single Band Router and ₹7-8k for Dual-Band Router connection.

So, I am considering getting a connection from them. Installation will be ₹1500/- (+GST). And they'll be providing TP-Link Archer C20 router.

What do you guys think?

So, I am considering getting a connection from them. Installation will be ₹1500/- (+GST). And they'll be providing TP-Link Archer C20 router.

What do you guys think?7
What's the total cost? Router specs shows as 5 devices can be connected in wifi...I think it's not enough...Also sounds very cheap quality after seeing it's price...Exactly don't know the performance of router...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock