Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl | Janhvi Kapoor | Netflix

• Thread starter Thread starter Girish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 24
  • Views Views: Views 2,323
Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl
Now Streaming
Vt5r94x.jpg

Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl is neither a biopic, nor a war drama. So, please don't expect a high octane action sequences. It's a story about a woman, who is so determined to be a pilot and doesn't think anything beyond that.

It also gives a settle message that women can achieve anything they want to and men should treat a woman for what she is rather than judging her by the gender. It also depicts how the women have to go through all the patriarchy stereotype society or a Male chauvinism.

There isn't much of a Kargil background story, except for the last 20mins, which is kind of both satisfying & disappointing at the same time. Now Jhanvi has Gunjan... Every time when Pankaj Tripathi was shown on the screen I was like give me more of him, he was so Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in the role of Anup Saxena. This man is a true genius in acting, which he does with so much of ease.

Vineet Kumar Singh, Angad Bedi & Manav Vij does the justice to their role. And no I didn't not forget to continue about how Jhanvi's performance was in the movie. It's just that I'm still confused with her expressionless acting, totally forgetful.

Overall, Gunjan Saxena is a simplistic film presented by Sharan Sharma & team without overdoing or over-decorating with a patriotism yet something was definitely amiss.

I ignored all the hatred around the movie and watched it. But, what the hell? The airforce has been shown in such negative taste. I get the concern of government of having a female officer as POW. But what's up with that arm wrestling. It was beneath pathetic.

As a movie I found it entertaining thanks to great actors. Even songs were pleasing to hear. I will rate it 2/5 stars. Good coming of age movie.

As a biopic really bad. Do some research before bringing negativity to our forces.

Back
Top Bottom