GST (Goods & Services Tax) Related Discussions

But I too agree with Sarkar bro point.
TN govt is not good now. We don't need any subsidy for free mixie, Fan etc.,

What's wrong with center when it is TN govt who is imposing additional taxes to subsidize useless service like cable TV

Dravidian parties were formed (1926) on the ideology of Lenins Soviet Union (Communist by principle) so everything that the government considers as necessary to public will be either given free for those who deserve it or on heavy subsidy to one and all. Rice at ration shops are being given for free every month at 20 KG and in city pulses, sugar etc and at villages even detergent, soaps etc are available.

Though i'm against free stuffs i cant complain what the TN Govt does as i support them. Now we may have some issues due to recent development in politics but otherwise TN Govt is great. Hope it gets even better.

About additional taxes, may be they though when someone can pay 28% tax without issues why not additional 30%?

And about Arasu Cable Service it is not just a cable service, they have already launched high speed broadband internet service even to far flung villages. It might look normal now but when the benefit reaches far and wide the it will definitely be a boon to the future.

Last edited:
How can you call Arasu cable tv as useless service without using it. Can any dth operator give max Tamil + sports + English movies at low price....???
Once they are fully operational across TN then dth operators will get down in TN as happened during JIO launch

Low price than open market means subsidized so money has to come from somewhere else to Full fill revenue deficit. I think entertaining people is not the job of Govt that's why I called it useless service. There are many other social areas where govt can invest that money.

Last edited:
useless service like cable TV

Certainly not without using that service felt very hurt .. there is a mentality here (India) Tamil Nadu people's are low class people's but the fact is different if I post the comparison here (DDF) though don't want to do

These type of comments from team member i felt very sad though I may speak more than this I got ban reason of opposing team member words but don't know who going to pay for my feelings & hurtness

Note: My words not only for @Sarkar bro words but overall vision about Tamil Nadu in India

Low price than open market means subsidized so money has to come from somewhere else to Full fill revenue deficit. I think entertaining people is not the job of Govt that's why I called it useless service. There are many other social areas where govt can invest that money.

Arasu cable statistics:
Users 4.94 lakh in 2011 to 70.52 lakh 2016.
Revenue has increased from Rs. 2.44 crore in 2008-09 to Rs. 163.92 crore in 2013-14. And last year revenue Rs. 217.02 crore (unaudited) in 2015-16.
Profit: Rs. 5.2 crore (2012-13), Rs. 12.02 crore (2013-14), Rs. 18.46 crore (2014-15) and Rs. 32.6 crore (2015-16) after tax.

Once Chennai is included in this list the profits would probably double or even triple. Why ignore a public beneficial service when its highly profitable too?

PS: The given revenue does not include revenue via internet, once internet is started then profits could simply skyrocket.

Last edited:
If we go by official figures then Easter states are the poorer and most underdeveloped in India whereas TN is a manufacturering state. That's why human trafficking is a huge issue here in states like West Bengal where girls are sold bcoz parents cannot afford them

I don't know how do you come to conclusion that TN people have low income Sai bro.

I don't know how do you come to conclusion that TN people have low income Sai bro.

That's a differential words

Northern states are thinking like that abt us as a citizen of India

They are thinking Tamil Nadu like phew Tamil Nadu

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock