Breaking Government clears equity conversion of Vodafone Idea interest dues

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 2,714
If Govt. is not going to nominate representative in Vi, then they may be planning on selling off the stake.
There was never any doubt or ambiguity around that. The government had declared that at the very beginning that they are not interested in holding onto the stake and would sell it off when they find a potential buyer.

Adani will not buy it for sure but govt will utilise it with BSNL by giving 5G plan to Tejas Network.
I doubt that will happen as well. Let's see. The allotted frequencies of 900Mhz and 3500Mhz are far different for Vi and BSNL. If that has to happen, then frequencies should harmonized of two operators. Lot of 900Mhz still with Airtel and Airtel depends on it for 5G SA in future.

But BSNL+Vi merger is good for India/Indus towers and bad for Airtel.

There was never any doubt or ambiguity around that. The government had declared that at the very beginning that they are not interested in holding onto the stake and would sell it off when they find a potential buyer.
Are there any buyers in market in first place ???? I donot think so , there was only 1 and now even his luck is not working and goi would think twice before selling it to him so unless n untill some one drops from sky

Are there any buyers in market in first place ???? I donot think so , there was only 1 and now even his luck is not working and goi would think twice before selling it to him so unless n untill some one drops from sky
Govt should avoid to invest huge money of tax payers in BSNL 4G & 5G expnasion, better to utilise Vi's 4G network for BSNL data users, later expand to 5G.

Govt should avoid to invest huge money of tax payers in BSNL 4G & 5G expnasion, better to utilise Vi's 4G network for BSNL data users, later expand to 5G.
Well my advice gov or its babus shouldnt be any where near around VI office , they would make it worse then BSNL

In a way, merger. Band 1/8/41 are common and BSNL fiber assets can be managed well by Vi and good competition can happen in future to Jio/Airtel. Airtel to be honest is in worst position as well. We are facing monopoly to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock