Breaking Google sued for 5 billion dollars over tracking users in "private mode"

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 730

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
The class action wants at least $5bn (£4bn) from Google and owner Alphabet.

Many internet users assume their search history isn't being tracked when they view in private mode, but Google says this isn't the case.

The search engine denies this is illegal and says it is upfront about the data it collects in this mode.

The proposed class action likely includes "millions" of Google users who since 1 June 2016 browsed the internet in private mode according to law firm Boies Schiller Flexner who filed the claim on Tuesday in federal court in San Jose, California.

Google in $5bn lawsuit for tracking in 'private' mode

Does Chrome spams users with unwanted notification and clickbait articles?
They have article/content suggestions which sends clickbait articles sometimes. But it can be turned off from app notification settings.

nJLhq1o.png

I stopped using Chrome when they revoked turn off feature of "articles for you". Why should I forcefully care about what Taimur and Katrina Kaif is doing? I didn't got spam by any notification though.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock