Google My Account gets a makeover, will now help you find your lost phone

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Google has revamped its My Account service that was launched last year. The service which allow users to control the settings related to their privacy and data, will now include a feature that helps users find their lost or stolen phone.

Google said that more than one billion people around the world have used My Account. On account of the anniversary of My Account, Google has added new features to the service along with the ‘Find your phone’ feature that will help you if your phone is ever lost or stolen. Users will soon be able to access the feature by searching Google for “I lost my phone”. With Find My Phone, users will be able to locate their phone, lock it remotely, call it, secure their account, leave a callback number on its screen, and more.

This feature which was already available for Android can be use on iOS devices as well. In addition, it offers a tool for calling the phone and even lets you sign out of Google services remotely thereby reducing the rick from a potential hack. Finally the feature also includes suggestions on how to reach out to your carrier. Previously, Android users accessed the Android Device Manager to locate, ring, or remotely wipe their device from the web. This feature was similar to Apple’s “Find my iPhone/iPad.”

Next up, users can now use voice commands to access My Account by simply saying “Ok Google, show me my Google account. This feature is currently available only in English, with other languages coming soon. Finally, Google says that in the near future, users will able to find the site just by searching Google for your own name.

Google My Account gets a makeover, will now help you find your lost phone

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock