Developing the future...
- 3 Nov 2010
- Reaction score
We’re introducing a new, integrated view for Gmail, making it easy to move between critical applications like Gmail, Chat, and Meet in one unified location.
We’ll introduce this new experience according to this timeline:
Beginning February 11, 2022:
- Users can opt-in to test the new experience, allowing them to try it out and become more accustomed to it. Users can revert to classic Gmail via settings.
- We will share an update on the Google Workspace Updates Blog, along with Help Center content, once rollout begins.
By April 2022:
- Users who have not opted-in will begin seeing the new experience by default, but can revert to classic Gmail via settings.
By the end of Q2 2022:
- This will become the standard experience for Gmail, with no option to revert back.
- Around the same time, users will also begin seeing the new streamlined navigation experience on Chat web (mail.google.com/chat).
- Important Note: This also means users will not have the option to configure Chat to display on the right side of Gmail.
Update [March 30, 2022]: You must turn on Chat in Gmail and set Chat to the left hand panel to use the new view. We have updated the "Getti...