Breaking Free Video Steaming in Indian Railways

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 1,866
I haven't tweeted, I was so thirsty in that extreme summer afternoon that nothing like that came in my mind o_O, also train wasn't stopping for enough time. I will do that next time, I know tweets work but for how many stations one can complaint!
How many station did they refused? Wasn't catering team selling water? I travel from Eastern Railways very frequently. Never faced any inconveniences. Even NF Railway has improved a lot.

Before they do these funky things, if only they could ensure
- clean railway stations, toilets and trains
- clean food and water at stations and in trains
- adequate security in stations and in trains

This is all the common people expect

With the infrastructure, budget and manpower they have, they can ensure all of these in probably 6 months time. But to maintain all these they need your/our help. There's something called, "citizen responsibility". Being one of the citizen of this country can you ensure from your bottom of the heart, that our people will maintain it.

Will the toilets be clean for couple of hours?? Will the drinking water sinks won't be converted into spit bins? Will the empty chips covers and biscuit packets find garbage bins than the platforms?? Stop complaining, change. Change is the solution to change. Only you/me/we can change the country not the government. That's what the government expect out of its citizens.

With the infrastructure, budget and manpower they have, they can ensure all of these in probably 6 months time. But to maintain all these they need your/our help. There's something called, "citizen responsibility". Being one of the citizen of this country can you ensure from your bottom of the heart, that our people will maintain it.

Will the toilets be clean for couple of hours?? Will the drinking water sinks won't be converted into spit bins? Will the empty chips covers and biscuit packets find garbage bins than the platforms?? Stop complaining, change. Change is the solution to change. Only you/me/we can change the country not the government. That's what the government expect out of its citizens.
Okay, West Bengal government last year innagurate a ladies only train at Women's Day. It only took one trip to fill with pan stains.

Railways have the biggest optical fibre network in the country, bigger than any other private operators. That too with very negligible traffic on their bandwidth. Good use of their infrastructure. Hope it will be a success.
This initiative will not put any load on the railwire fiber infrastructure nor affect its bandwidth since the content that the railway is offering the users is going to be stored on local severs on the platform as well as onboard the train, so basically the content will be streaming on your smartphone or tablet through the dedicated app via intranet not through internet. Which is why you will get buffer free streaming even when the train is passing through a tunnel in a mountain or through areas of no mobile network coverage.
Those who have used Jet connect service while flying in jet Airways flight will know how this works, you get access to limited catalogue of content on your phone when connected to the in-flight wifi without any internet access for purposes like WhatsApp or for streaming videos on Netflix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock