Free unlimited voice calling: Top postpaid plans from Airtel, Vodafone and Idea

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
All the three top telecom operators Airtel, Idea and Vodafone have announced unlimited voice calling plans to stay competitive with Reliance Jio, after the latter announced the extension of its promotional offer. Jio was launched in September, and started services by offering free unlimited voice calling (local + STD), roaming and unlimited 4G data (4GB FUP).

Reliance Jio offering free services to all users has left all the incumbent telecom operators in a tizzy. Even as giants like Airtel and Vodafone have said in the past that Jio’s unlimited voice calling was not a viable option, they are now offering the same with new postpaid plans and prepaid packs. Considering that Jio has extended its promotional offer of free services to March 2017 and now supports full Mobile Number Portability (MNP), older telecom operators are doing everything they can to retain their customers.

The three big operators, Airtel, Vodafone and Idea might have introduced unlimited voice calling for prepaid users recently, but they already have the same for their postpaid customers. We called customer care services for all three telecos and found the top offers from each company:

Airtel unlimited calling offers

Airtel in its ‘myplan Inifinity’ plans is offering free unlimited calling starting at Rs 799.

1. With the Rs 799 plan users get unlimited free (local + STD) calls , 100 local + STD messages per day, 2GB of 3G/4G data and free subscription to Wynk Music + Wynk Movies

2. The Rs 1,199 plan will give users unlimited free (local + STD) calls , unlimited free roaming, 100 (local + STD) messages per day, 5GB of 3G/4G data and free subscription to Wynk Music + Wynk Movies

3. The Rs 1,599 plan will give users unlimited free (local + STD) calls , unlimited free roaming, 100 (local + STD) messages per day, 10GB of 3G/4G data and free subscription to Wynk Music + Wynk Movies

4. The Rs 1,999 plan will give users unlimited free (local + STD) calls , unlimited free roaming, 100 (local + STD) messages per day, 15GB of 3G/4G data and free subscription to Wynk Music + Wynk Movies

5. The Rs 2,999 plan will give users unlimited free (local + STD) calls , unlimited free roaming, 100 (local + STD) messages per day, 30GB of 3G/4G data and free subscription to Wynk Music + Wynk Movies

For usage of data beyond the monthly allowance, users will be charged 50p/mb.

Vodafone unlimited calling offers

Vodafone’s unlimited voice calling under its Vodafone Red plans starting at Rs 1,699.

1. The Rs 1,699 plan will give users unlimited free (local + STD) calls , free incoming on roaming, 500 (local + STD) messages and 12GB of data. Outgoing on roaming will be charged at 50p/min.

2. The Rs 1,999 plan will give users unlimited free (local + STD) calls, unlimited free roaming (incoming + outgoing), 500 (local + STD) messages and 16GB of data.

3. The Rs 1,299 is not unlimited, but gives users 3000 minutes of (local + STD) calling, 8GB of data and 500 (local + STD) SMS.

Idea unlimited calling offers

Idea’s unlimited calling plans come with just 3G data; there’s no 4G bundled along as with the other operators.

1. With Idea’s Rs 1,199 plan users can get
unlimited free (local + STD) calling, unlimited free calling on roaming, 5GB of 3G data and 3000 (local + national) SMS.

2. Rs 1,599 plan offers users unlimited free (local + STD) calling, unlimited free calling on roaming, 10GB of 3G data and 3000 (local + national) SMS.

Using data above the given limit will be charged at 50p/mb and SMS will be charged at 50p/message.

Free unlimited voice calling: Top postpaid plans from Airtel, Vodafone and Idea | The Indian Express

Still they are very expensive in comparison with Jio.
Airtel starting with 799 and giving just 1Gb and Jio, in comparison, giving 4gb data in 499. Although, Jio is also available for Rs.149.
And seems that Idea and vodafone are in some other world.

rtz2042 said:
Airtel starting with 799 and giving just 1Gb and Jio, in comparison, giving 4gb data in 499. Although, Jio is also available for Rs.149.

bro, I think very soon postpaid plans would also get cheaper as what happened to prepaid plans.

rahul1117kumar said:
yes bro, postpaid plans are always dearer than prepaid plans.
I always wonder who are these people who subscribe thse ₹799 unlimited calling pack forget about other higher packs when prepaid gives you Unlimited calls on all network with 2GB 3G/4G @ ₹298

Sarkar said:
I always wonder who are these people who subscribe thse ₹799 unlimited calling pack forget about other higher packs when prepaid gives you Unlimited calls on all network with 2GB 3G/4G @ ₹298
Bro, these prepaid plans started only recently. However, the postpaid plans mentioned in the post are old. All networks will launch new postpaid plans as well very soon at much lesser price. Another important point is, corporate postpaid plans are much cheaper and that's what most of the people use.

rtz2042 said:

Agree but, if I will remain with Airtel I hv to switch to 799 plan. I'm paying 999 for 1400 min and 600 mb data in my family plan.

I am using Vodafone postpaid, where I get V2V unlimited call(local)+15000 free sec for other operators every month (after using 15000 sec, then other call rate .01p/sec(Local n std both), all SMS rate .01p/SMS..... Monthly rental ₹298

D. J. Das. said:
I am using Vodafone postpaid, where I get V2V unlimited call(local)+15000 free sec for other operators every month (after using 15000 sec, then other call rate .01p/sec(Local n std both), all SMS rate .01p/SMS..... Monthly rental ₹298
What about roaming and blackout days? Any data included in the pack? Service Tax is included in ₹298 ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock