• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 1,137

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Walmart-owned Flipkart plans to open a new front in its ongoing battle with arch rival Amazon for supremacy in the Indian market. This time the theatre of action will be India’s Rs 4,462 crore video streaming industry.

Flipkart will launch free video streaming before Diwali, for its ‘Plus’ premium subscribers, sources told Network18.

Exclusive | Flipkart to challenge Amazon in video streaming; will launch pre-Diwali

Good news but biggest issue is what will they offer for streaming? Prime, Netflix and Hotstar has almost everything in it. Flipkart should get hold of classic shows and British shows which are less known. Flipkart has already said it won't have any originals so it will be interesting to see what they will do and i don't think they will bother with local content since all major networks have their own streaming services.

Good news but biggest issue is what will they offer for streaming? Prime, Netflix and Hotstar has almost everything in it. Flipkart should get hold of classic shows and British shows which are less known. Flipkart has already said it won't have any originals so it will be interesting to see what they will do and i don't think they will bother with local content since all major networks have their own streaming services.
Channel 4 documentary and its sequels.

Channel 4 documentary and its sequels.
Channel 4 has excellent content other than that documentary you're talking about 😅 Shows like Utopia, End of the F***ing world, Black Mirror etc are of their own. I wish Flipkart gets all their content along with some American classics from 80s and 90s. I'm not happy that British shows are neglected by streaming services here.

I don't see how it's gonna work. To get Plus membership. Your gonna have to shop for over ₹10000 then also seperately. How will they attract audience when Amazon offers the same for ₹129 a month? I think soon Hotstar deal will be over when they get their own subscription service.
Channel 4 has excellent content other than that documentary you're talking about 😅 Shows like Utopia, End of the F***ing world, Black Mirror etc are of their own. I wish Flipkart gets all their content along with some American classics from 80s and 90s. I'm not happy that British shows are neglected by streaming services here.
Those are exclusive to Netflix worldwide.

I don't see how it's gonna work. To get Plus membership. Your gonna have to shop for over ₹10000 then also seperately. How will they attract audience when Amazon offers the same for ₹129 a month? I think soon Hotstar deal will be over when they get their own subscription service.

Not Rs.10000, it will be Rs.7500 for plus members and Rs.15000 for non plus members. You need to earn 300 coins in 12 months period. However no coins will be deducted to renew the subscription. You need not pay separately to get plus membership unlike Amazon. Even if you spend Rs.50000 on amazon in a year, you still have to pay for your prime. But in Flipkart you get rewarded for what you shop. It may work for people who regularly shop online as they need not pay anything extra. Something like Credit cards waiving the annual fee if you spend certain amount in the previous year.

But if you are not a regular shopper and just looking for a vod subscription then it's a drawback. However i feel Flipkart would obviously introduce payment based subscription also once this is launched.

Those are exclusive to Netflix worldwide.
Picked up later by Netflix but even if you exclude them they have so much more content to offer. That's not it they can look into other European shows too. I'm excited to see what will happen but i think they will end up offering some mediocre movies 😅 Let's wait before jumping to conclusions. I'm just too excited at times!

May be Flipkart is just going to aggregate the content and provide it for free to its plus members. Similar to Airtel thanks

Back
Top Bottom